Future of the Spectrum Range?

Started by rogertra, January 05, 2014, 02:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Mr. B.

Rumours have been circulating on some of the scale model railroad groups that Bachmann may be scaling back the Spectrum range of excellent locomotives if favour of cheaper, less detailed models that come with DCC and sound at the expense of the well detailed Spectrum range.  The less well detailed but DCC and sound equipped 2-6-0, of which I have two, is often sited as an example as are the FA-2s with no road numbers etc..

There does seem to be a lack of re-runs of the Spectrum range lately which tends to promote the rumour.

Can you comment?

Doneldon

I, for one, would hate to witness the demise of the Spectrum line. They are excellent models to
look at and reliable ones to operate. Roger, I hope your sources are ill informed.
                                                                                                                            -- D

rogertra

Quote from: Doneldon on January 05, 2014, 06:02:00 PM
I, for one, would hate to witness the demise of the Spectrum line. They are excellent models to
look at and reliable ones to operate. Roger, I hope your sources are ill informed.
                                                                                                                           -- D

So do I buddy.  My steam fleet at least relies on Spectrum models.  All but six are Spectrum plus two non Spectrum 2-6-0s, something like 20+ Bachmann steam.  The other four steam are the 0-8-0 and 0-6-0 from the older P2K line, also excellent models, and two each of the discontinued Athearn 4-6-2s and 2-8-2s.  It was the excellent Spectrum steam line that made me back date my railway into the steam era.

the Bach-man

Dear Roger,
There are no plans of which I am aware to discontinue Spectrum items.  i'm sure we'll continue the Sound Value locos as well.
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

rogertra

Quote from: the Bach-man on January 05, 2014, 11:24:08 PM
Dear Roger,
There are no plans of which I am aware to discontinue Spectrum items.  i'm sure we'll continue the Sound Value locos as well.
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

Excellent news, thanks very much for taking the time to respond.  I'll make sure any further rumours I hear are quashed.

Happy New Year.

Doneldon

B'man-

Music to my ears, er, eyes, er, well, you know what I mean. And thank you for your prompt reply to Roger's query.

-- D

duke2448

That s good to hear keep the spectrum going, Just a possibility does anyone think bachmann could produce the 4-6-2 's we have them in HO but what about N that would,I think in keeping with the trend of producing the liitle brother could be a wonderful thing does anyone else think the same or I'm I just thinking out loud. ;)

Brewman

I would like to see a FEF-3 for N scale, do one for UP 844  :)

rogertra

I asked for a more generic 4-6-2 rather than the PRR K4 which is so blatantly PRR and is an older Standard line model upgraded to DCC.

Also asked for a heavy and light 2-8-2 as the competitor's model has traction tires, which I hate even if they are removable, a non NMRA compatible DCC decoder and costs $450 or so US dollars.

What's wrong with that?

Len

I vaguely remember something being said about a few older Spectrum loco models being moved into the standard line a while back, but nothing about the Spectrum line going away.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Pacific Northern

Yes it does seem the Spectrum demise rumour was only sent to a few select members
Pacific Northern

RAM

I think it might be a case where the reader does not read the whole message, and then puts his own ending to it.