News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Turnout Problems

Started by Mryan, January 07, 2014, 02:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhanecker2

To  Mryan   :  Hang in there . Every hobby or endeavor has a learning curve  , some steeper than others . All of us expect perfection in the products  and services  we purchase  ,  reality  says    : ' it ain't gonna happen ",  Large scale manufacturing  virtually assures that some things will not be perfect  much as we wish otherwise .   Remember it has been only relatively recently that   " rtr" ready  to run  equipment became available .  Before that , kits and kit bashing and self manufacturing  from raw materials was the state of the hobby . Some people still enjoy that part of the hobby the most and do work better than can be purchased .  Remember every  solution brings new problems . Learn to enjoy  the process .    John 2.

Doneldon

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on January 17, 2014, 01:32:55 PM
Remember it has been only relatively recently that   " rtr" ready  to run  equipment became available .  Before that , kits and kit bashing and self manufacturing  from raw materials was the state of the hobby . Some people still enjoy that part of the hobby the most and do work better than can be purchased.

J2-

Not true. I started with HO in 1959 and there was plenty of RTR merchandise. My brother and I did build many kits but not because there was no alternative; building kits was cheaper than buying RTR models, and more fun. Most manufacturers sold both RTR and kit items but there were others which only sold kits. Athearn sold pretty much everything both ways, for example, while Tru-Scale and LaBelle's sold only kits. Varney, Tyco, MDC, Bowser, Penn Line and others split their stock. Central Valley sold rolling stock in kit form only but their still-best-in-show trucks were all factory assembled. Cal-Scale sold a huge line of lost wax brass castings for scratch building or super detailing RTR models.
                                                                                                                                                                             -- D

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Doneldon on January 18, 2014, 07:49:00 AM
J2-

Not true. I started with HO in 1959 and there was plenty of RTR merchandise. My brother and I did build many kits but not because there was no alternative; building kits was cheaper than buying RTR models, and more fun. Most manufacturers sold both RTR and kit items but there were others which only sold kits. Athearn sold pretty much everything both ways, for example, while Tru-Scale and LaBelle's sold only kits. Varney, Tyco, MDC, Bowser, Penn Line and others split their stock. Central Valley sold rolling stock in kit form only but their still-best-in-show trucks were all factory assembled. Cal-Scale sold a huge line of lost wax brass castings for scratch building or super detailing RTR models.
                                                                                                                                                                             -- D

Those were the days. ...  ;)