6 Pin Plug in box of Bachmann RS3D New DCC BAC 64202-Need to Identify

Started by Sunshine Express, January 09, 2014, 01:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine Express

I have just received my new Bachmann Denver & Rio Grande Western RS 3 D Item # BAC 64202,and it works well on DCC and DC.  I Have discovered a small 6 pin Plug in a plastic bag attached to the Inner Plastic Box,and though I don't need it to operate on either system,what is it for ?. 
Owen C Robinson

Doneldon

Sunny-

It's not exactly a plug. It's a jumper for you to use on your PCB if you remove the decoder and want to run the loco
on DC. It will run on DC with the decoder installed, of course, but most folks find that DC operation is a little smoother
with the decoder out and the jumper in.
                                                              -- D

Sunshine Express

Thank you Doneldon. I thought it might be for that as an early DCC/DC Atlas Diesel has a similar thing,but I did not want to assume. In this case there was no instructions of it's use.A bit hard on the new people in the hobby.
Owen C Robinson

richg

Quote from: Sunshine Express on January 09, 2014, 03:21:18 AM
Thank you Doneldon. I thought it might be for that as an early DCC/DC Atlas Diesel has a similar thing,but I did not want to assume. In this case there was no instructions of it's use.A bit hard on the new people in the hobby.

That is one of the downsides of Bachmann documentation. Some diagrams show the decoder and DC adapter. Some don't.
Usually the Parts page shows the replacement PC board with the adapter. I just looked. Click on the small photo.

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68_572&products_id=3875

Edit.
I noticed in this link, the photo does not enlarge, at least for me. If I go directly to the Parts Page, the small photo does enlarge when I click on it.

Rich