News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

You tube German narrow gauge 1920s

Started by fred lundgren, January 15, 2014, 03:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skarloey Railway

That was rather wonderful, thanks for the link. Not quite sure what you wanted me to see at the 7 minute mark. I assume it wasn't the garden full of gnomes, but I did like the little compressed air loco just before that.
I also thought the curve track at 22.45 was quite something.

Listening to it in German was nice. Even if I understood almost none of the words the passion translated perfectly.

GG1onFordsDTandI

I think at 7m a model train rolls by. :-\ or was it real?

Jhanecker2

To fred lundgren  :  Thanks for the link .  I do speak German and it was a very informative link .  it is nice to know that narrow gauge is still a useful and profitable part of railroading .  It's use in road and tunnel construction was interesting .  Specialized  railroads  to address the needs to move materials will always be necessary .   Chicago still  has  tunnels  underground  that were  used to supply the buildings in the loop with goods and materials , though the more modern buildings are no longer  connected to them and the tracks & equipment  are long gone . These almost forgotten tunnels were punctured  some years ago by work being done on bridge  pilings on the Chicago River and flooded a good number of loop basements. j2.