News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"Ask the Bach Man" Itself

Started by MarkInLA, January 16, 2014, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInLA

The first time I'd logged into AtB I was expecting to be asking Bmann representitives my questions, not the rest of the forum members. No problem. But I was always curious if this was the original intention of AtB. You know, ask the (a) Bachmann (Rep). due to the title suggesting this. Also, there are all sorts of other posts not necessarily related to Bachmann items; subjects such as, say, ' Building a wood tressle '. Or, 'What year did  Pennsy change from.....?' ...No complaint here. Again, just curious as to the original intention as meaning to be this from the get go...

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
When this forum started in the mid 90s I answered (or tried to answer) every question. Over the years a wonderful community has developed, and the result is the board you see today. Be assured I try to read every post every day, 365 days a year.  There are many modelers with more expertise in certain areas, so I feel confident in deferring to them.  If I leave a post up you may be sure I feel it's relevant and useful.
I feel fortunate to have such a widespread support group!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

shleds

MarkInLA

Thanks. I understand now. Actually then, I was right in believing ATB was originally meant to have 1 person answer the posted questions. But it got so large it became a community, an open forum.