News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Connie brass gear replacement

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, January 19, 2014, 10:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi forum members,  You may want to order these now that they are back in stock!

My thanks to Parts & Service for quickly shipping my Connie  brass gear and axle replacements. 
Glad they are back in stock with the other Connie gears.

Cheers & Beers

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mickeykelley

Agree.  I ordered one just in case.  When I bought my Connie it arrived broken so sent it to Bachman and they repaired for free, but since that was a few years back, I'm sure it was repaired with another plastic.  The cost of this gear plus shiiping is cheap insurance in case I need it in the future versus being out of stock, or worse never made again.  Since I'm just now getting close to getting track finished, I have not had the chance to run any of my engines many hours.  That will be the real test.

Chastity

I guess call it just wondering but I cannot help but wonder if the brass gears are in for the outside frame Connie if perhaps a re-release is coming along the line?

The locomotive has been out of production some time (like the Climax was) and with a refresh with the new PNP electronics and some other updates (like moving the headlight). 

scottychaos

Do they also have a replacement gear for the Spectrum Mogul?
I need a Connie gear and a Mogul gear..
thanks,
Scot

Loco Bill Canelos

Scot,

None that I know of, but the NWSL gear works perfectly.

You will need a Northwest Shortline Brand Gear part No.  2223-6 for the Fn3 Bachmann 4-4-0, 24 tooth. This same gear works for the 2-6-0.  The cost is only about $12 not including shipping.

Bill

bob kaplan

It is the axle with brass gear....correct?

Loco Bill Canelos

Bob,

Not sure what you mean?  The brass gear with axle is only for the Connie, not for any other locos.   

The NWSL gear mentioned in my above post as a reply for Scot is for the Spectrum 2-6-0 and 4-4-0, is not brass and does not come on an axle and is only for the locos mentioned.

NWSL does make a delrin replacement gear for the Connie but you must press it on to the old axle and it has a different number.
Bill

CCSG

I think I will order one of these. Does any one know which screw bachmann sells that is the proper length for the tender truck side frames? I'll order those at the same time.

Thanks,
Patrick
Patrick Kramer

bob kaplan

ooops...sorry for being unclear.   Yes i meant the Connie.   Thanks.

petertoot

hi to all,i think i posted that these are back,but no response,say no more ??? ??? ???

armorsmith

Bachmann - I have installed the two axle/gears in two Connies.  Both gears were cracked.
Thank you.

Loco Bill Canelos

Armorsmith,

Are you saying that you installed the new brass gears and they too were cracked?? ???

Hopefully not!  Please clarify what you meant in your post. 

Thanks,

Bill

armorsmith

Lordy NO Bill.  Both of the plastic gears on the OEM axles were cracked to the point neither locos would even move. Now both engines are smooth as silk and quiet as a church mouse. Brass gears do make a permanent fix for a known issue.

Loco Bill Canelos

Glad to hear you got them all running again and that they are running so well!! 

You had me wondering ::) ::)

Remember with anything mechanical there is no "permanent" fix.

I love running my connies doubleheaded glad you will be able to as well ::)

Cheers & Beers,

Bill

bob kaplan

Looking forward to the future.....I have a couple of Connies that are super....but in prep for the future....

if I purchase the replacement gear now, and keep on hand, when the original gear does fail, does any one know if Bachmann repair department will use the brass replacements that I have purchased from them and kept on hand to repair the Connie? I really do not have the tools or the talent for that skill
    thanks.