2-6-2 tiny retaining clips for valve gear linkage

Started by woliners, January 21, 2014, 02:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woliners

So where can I get some of these.  A while ago I bought a couple sets of 2-6-2 driver wheel assemblies, but they didn't come with the clips.  You know which ones I mean, right? Anyway,  I'm not seeing them in the parts catalog. The assemblies are useless without them.

woliners

Judging by the number of people "viewing" this note and the lack of responses, I'm thinking no one has an answer or no one knows what I'm talking about.

Oh well.

AGSB

How about a picture so we know exactly what you are inquiring about. I, personally, don't know what you mean - guides, clips or rivets.
What make of engine, how old would help also.

woliners

So what's the secret to posting pictures?  I put together some diagrams to illustrate my dilemma but I'm not seeing anything on this page that allows my to paste, attach, import etc.  Whatever the "Additional Options" is meant for, it's not for posting pics or anything else that I can see. I've seen other posts with nice pics so I know it can be done.

later

rogertra

Quote from: woliners on January 24, 2014, 09:27:40 AM
So what's the secret to posting pictures?  I put together some diagrams to illustrate my dilemma but I'm not seeing anything on this page that allows my to paste, attach, import etc.  Whatever the "Additional Options" is meant for, it's not for posting pics or anything else that I can see. I've seen other posts with nice pics so I know it can be done.

later

Click on "help" above.  Then click on "posting" and all the instructions are there.

richg

The below link might be more helpful. I think the Help files were designed to confuse some.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,2750.0.html

It can get very addictive so figure out what you want for albums.

Use You Tube for videos.

Photo Bucket and You Tube have plenty of instructions so take your time.

Some use Flickr for photos.

Rich

woliners

Well folks, after careful consideration,  I just went out and bought a bigger, better, heavier loco.  I think I'll probably sell my 2-6-2 locos for parts on ebay.  The clip that i'm talking about is a spring metal wire about the thickness of a very thin human hair, curved into a "C" shape that's about 1/16 inch across.  The reason I was asking about them is that they are impossible to find if you drop one.  And I've dropped all I have. Even if I do find a source for them, I'd need to buy about a dozen just to get one installed.  I'm not that good with tweezers.

richg

I suspect it is a "C" Clip. I have used them a lot as a mechanic but the really tiny ones are stolen by "Murphy".
Probably the same mechanism as the 0-6-0 from what I have seen here in previous messages.
Jonathan would be familiar with the mechanism.
I gave my two 0-6-0's away to someone here a few years ago. Probably a lot of them on ebay.

Rich