News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Boy UP 4014

Started by richg, January 27, 2014, 09:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

This loco is soon going to be move from its present location in LA to Cheyenne, WY for restoration. It will be converted from coal to oil fired. One diesel will pull, a second diesel with connect behind to be used as a brake. Mountain route. Check it out.

Google UP4014 restoration and store the links of interest in Favourites.

Rich

NarrowMinded

I posted a couple pictures of this loco a while back when i saw them working on it and talked to the crew.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,24401.msg193634.html#msg193634

NM-Jeff

richg

Big Locomotive. I have seen UP 4012 a couple times in Scranton. I might get there again this June with new girlfriend.

Rich

GRZ

Just a little blurb on the 4012. I worked with Ed-Mead at steam town in bellows falls V.T. in the 60s, Nelson Blount was buying up every steamer he could ,at the time, I remember  the day they moved the 4012 in to the yard--wow & holey WOW! we had to move her every year or so as she would lean because of the soft ground, then a few months later we would shove her back, then one day Bob Barbara[ head honcho at the time] had the piston rods cut off with a torch because some one told him she was stuck--when all that was the matter there were chains laid in front & rear of the drivers-as tho she would have run off. to this day when I think of that it makes me mad. ugly  even.! a friend  of mine & I are planning a trip to hug the 4014, that will make two for me . hope I live long enough to see one steaming , what a thrill that would be. hope Steve Lee pulls the throttle on her first run, that would be super...Greg

richg

Yeah, miss those Bellows Falls day. I live a few miles south in Ma.

Rich

NarrowMinded

I took pictures of my daughters in the cab when we were there in Pomona,

It will be great when we see her under her own power.

NM-Jeff

GRZ

richg--what years was you visit's and did you get to meet any of the crew? there were some very neat guys there. Fred Bailey and I are the only ones left from those days that I know of. Fred lives in Enfield N.H.I think, see him every so oftin, a bunch of guys are trying to get a club going in Windsor V.T. and see him there. a very knowledgeable  individual, he was fireing when I worked there.  Greg.