EZ Track layout and expansion, opinions wanted

Started by janedoedad, February 02, 2014, 11:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertdweller

JDD,

It looks like you are coming along well with your railroad.

In my opinion, I think you should begin replacing your steel rail with nickle silver.  The difference in cost will be only a small increase in the cost you are going to incur anyway.

Nickle silver will not only give you something that is not going to rust.  It will also give you rail that you will be able to solder to.

I know what you mean about humidity.  I had a model railroad when I lived in Mississippi.

Les

jbrock27

Looks like you are having fun!

Agree with Les regarding the n/s track.
Keep Calm and Carry On

janedoedad

Hello All,

I have been having fun with the layout.  Scenery has been challenging and a lot of fun.   Much of my scenery supplies are from eBay and the "20 bucks for the whole box!" items found at train shows and yard/estate sales.

Changing to all nickel track is an ongoing process that may be done by the end of the year.   

Won't have a lot of time to work on the Oscar Line until the end of summer due to the summer workload.  Just went from normal to "How do we get this all done by September?!"   ;D 

Going to try and update the photos over the next week or two with some information about what I am trying to do.  As always,  any and all comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

JDD
The Liver is Evil and Must Be Punished!