News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New engines for Bachmann to make

Started by fred lundgren, February 06, 2014, 12:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred lundgren

Skarloey Railway

I think we'll be waiting a while before Bachmann make any of those, but overhead electric locos do have great charm. What struck me is those operations are far closer to 19th/early 20th century US narrow-gauge than anything you can experience on the preserved Cumbres & Toltec or Durango & Silverton.
You want to find out what it was like to ride on the narrow-gauge in the old days? go to China!

Royce Wilson

Why not use the HO Porter 2-6-0 running gear and give us a wagon top early era Porter that folks have been craving..Please!

Royce

Royce Wilson

These small Porter catalog 2-6-0 engines would go well with the IF 4-4-0 to pull the new 18ft freight cars.

Royce

Skarloey Railway

I'm hoping that Backwoods Miniatures do something like an early Porter on that chassis. Those locos, in various forms, would suit 1880s NG RRs in Colorado through to 1920s logging lines just about anywhere.  That said, the HO Porter is a 'boxy' looking loco and without seeing the chassis with the body off it's hard to tell just how possible it is. The motor or a big lump of metal in the wrong place and it becomes tricky.

wade

I'm hoping to see an outside frame 2-6-0 or 2-6-2 of Maine 2 footer design. Maybe available as tender or tank engines to please a larger demographic ?
Wade

Hamish K

I have sometimes wondered whether Bachmann China might release an ON30 Chinese range, there are many good prototypes to choose from, as the video shows. Steam and diesel as well as electric. Bachmann China has released the ON30 streetcar I with Chinese lettering, but no other sign of Chinese ON30. I doubt that American Bachmann would do Chinese prototypes.

A  Maine tender loco would a be good choice, similar locos operated in other parts of then world, e.g. Mexico. A tank Baldwin 2-6-2 is being made by another maker, this would  not preclude a Bachmann version but might reduce the potential market a bit. (I will not give details of that loco on this board, so don't ask).

Another possibility would be a WW1 trench loco, e.g. The  American 2-6-2 tank loco. With the centenary of WW1 approaching interest in these is likely to rise. Already a German trench loco has been announced in HOn30, so interest is there.

Hamishi.

Royce Wilson

If Bachmann makes a Maine two foot engine then I vote for the small 0-4-4T.
And dreaming would be a small 2-6-0 1872 Porter.

Royce

wade

Ok, I give up. Who is already making outside frame 2-6-2s? I can't find one on Google or eBay.
Wade

Royce Wilson

Wade,I think they are made by an Aussies company for a brass price!

Royce

Hamish K

The reason I did not identify the model by another maker I mentioned was that this is the Bachmann board, paid for by Bachmann. They, understandably , do not like what might be seen as advertising for a competitors product on their board. I felt that it existed was relevant to the discussion, but refrained from identifying it as this is Bachmann's board.

Hamish

Joe Satnik

The Personal Message feature (or an e-mail if the addy is visible) works well

for taking discussions off board...

Joe 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

on30vince

I would like to see the C & S #60.
Vince

Royce Wilson

Any of the C&S 2-8-0's would be welcomed.

Royce Wilson

Royce Wilson

That Puffing billy would go well with the 18' Bachmann freight cars.

Royce