News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New F-7

Started by Earl in Midlothian VA, March 10, 2014, 09:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl in Midlothian VA

Just wanted to say how much I love the new Bachmann F-7.  I bought one today---painted in B&O---and you can bet I will be buying more.  This is the best Bachmann engine I have ever had.  Great job!!! 

the Bach-man

Thanks, Earl!
the Bach-man

inkaneer

I looked at these and wanted to buy them but didn't because of the coupling distance between units.  I run other cowl units in ABBA configurations and my Lifelike FA/B 1's, ER sharks, MP FP'7 [AA configuration] and Kato F7's all couple up nice and close to the point that they are almost touching.  I use the Unimate couplers on all these units.  Still from what I have seen and read this is not possible with the Bachmann units.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

LV LOU

I have several ABBA sets of the old F7's I custom painted and detailed.I'm not sure if the new ones have the same coupler pockets,but on the old ones,you could use the MTL snap on pocket with Uni Mates to get them closer.The MTL's put them WAY out there,so I only put them on the pilots of the A's..

James in FL

Um... is it not possible to fabricate a drawbar to get the coupling distance to your liking?