Bachmann Large Scale Database survey Question Please vote

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, March 01, 2014, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

As many of you know I have been doing my best to maintain a database of all Bachmann Large Scale Locomotives and Rolling stock.

My question is should I include the Lil Big Haulers and the Thomas product lines as part of the project?   

I have for the most part stayed focused on the adult aspect of the Large sale line, but if there is interest I would consider including them fully.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

bob kaplan

Being an older man....the info probably will be of little interest to me.   But 15 years from now...and young man will be an older man....and would gladly look at the info...so...
   Yes...keep tabs on the Little Stuff.
b

SteveWard3928

Hey there Bill,  I would never be interested in purchasing "Lil Big Haulers"  based on the looks and size.  That information would be meaningless to me.  That's just my 2 cents worth.
S&S

Gonna get blamed for it...you might as well do it!!

grsman

Bill
Please include the Lil Big Haulers. The adults are kitbashing them.
They are part of the large scale community.
Tom

armorsmith

Bill,
In principal I agree with Yardmaster that large scale is large scale.  However, that said, I wonder why it is that the source where all the real information is stored does not share that information and depend on an individual hobbiest to doe their work for them.

To make your life easier Bill, I would recommend keeping separate data bases for each of the three categories mentioned.  I believe it will make maintenance easier.

My tuppence worth.

Bob C.

Ted Yarbrough

Bill,
I think the Lil Big Haulers and Thomas should be included. Some of us have these products.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

doug c

If ya got the time I would say include them in your Db !

LS is LS  + G-gauge is G-gauge   

Thomas and Lil'hauler !

albeit I don't personally plan on purchasing in the near future.   I do mention them when chatting with peoples with implied interest.

Thanks for your time !!

doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

aspoz

Quote from: bob kaplan on March 01, 2014, 11:03:19 AM
Being an older man....the info probably will be of little interest to me.   But 15 years from now...and young man will be an older man....and would gladly look at the info...so...
   Yes...keep tabs on the Little Stuff.
b

Right on.  I'd say include them.

MAELLIS

I would say include these other ranges. I'm sure these will have different variations later on and I'm also sure there will be modellers in the future that will be grateful you took the tome to include these series. I have a Thomas collection Even though I am also a 1:20,3 RGS fan. I know a lot of "mature" Large Scalers that have also a sizeable Thomas collection ! Keep up the good work !

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks all for your responses.   I will definitely keep the Thomas and Lil Big Haulers in the database.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

NarrowMinded

Thats great that your including them, in a few years when more people are kbashing them, it will be nice to know if one variation is better and or more suitible for a bash

Nm-jeff

Rollin Mayham

If I may add Thomas in large scale area is the only thing in the Bachmann Line that can hook up to a snow plow and plow the snow in the winter, and some people are buying the Bachmann Li'l haulers and kit bashing them to be coal locomotives or even buying them for their kids so they can run on the bigger layouts and have fun with their dads or moms so for the record if I was doing anything that scale and I had a kid then yes I would consider buying one for him/her just saying.

glennk28

Yes--at some time there may be intermingling of the lines--and I'm fairly confident that kids

who are properly started with Thomas s and LBH's will progress to the Standard line and even to Spectrum--gj

Chuck N

Rollin:

"If I may add Thomas in large scale area is the only thing in the Bachmann Line that can hook up to a snow plow and plow the snow in the winter,"

I have to disagree.  Any Bachmann "G" gauge engine can push a snow plow.  One of the K-27s even comes with one.

Chuck

Bill:

I think that everything Bachmann does in "G" gauge should be in a data base.  If you are up to it, go for it.

Where is the data base posted?