News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WBB GP 38 Finished

Started by wmwalker, April 05, 2014, 07:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmwalker

OK I just picked up this GP 38 Dummy unit and drop it off at my friend house who will make it a ACL unit to go with my GP 30 ACL. So this is the before picture and I will post the the finish unit when I get it back.

Here are two photos from my friend on and update on the new ACL GP38. Not totally finished yet still at his place but will be ready Monday.

Check it out. Look at the new front and rear chain and walkway plate.

Thanks
Wyatt

M1FredQ

What colors are you going to use for the ACL?

wmwalker

Fred
It will be black with the yellow stripes to match the GP30 I have from WBB. Hope all is well with you and family and Joey has been running trains with you. ;D
Thanks
Wyatt

M1FredQ

Thanks WM

As a matter of fact we were running them last night.

I don't know if I had mentioned my brother and sister bought him the "Chessie System" GP-38 and we were running it last night. I don't think the catalog pictures sometimes  do justice to the livery colors. I really like how rich the yellow appears probably a hint of red to give it that rich look. Anyway it looks good on the layout and it is a nice "puller".

I hope to get to the "bulbs" this weekend. From another post on my "Dem Bulbs" post I think I will go ahead and install the 24volt bulbs from the start. If you look at the video Chessie made the high voltage LED's look really nice in the dark.

Sometimes I come home from work after dark and we have 2 lines that parallel the highway I drive. When there is on coming rail traffic those lights are powerfully bright. I think these LED's give the locomotives a bit of that realistic look!!!!

Take care.

I also am working on my daughter to teach me how to post pictures or video.

Thanks everyone!!!!

silver69

looking forward to seeing how it turns out.