News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Davenport RC

Started by CCSG, April 21, 2014, 03:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCSG

I finished my RC install of my Bachmann Davenport. I used a RX65 receiver, available from RCS-RC and Del Tang, a Turningy 11.1v battery.

I first added a "floor" in the hood where the circuit board was, which will cover the motor and future speaker.

I used a radio shack push button on/off glued to the bottom of the stack

Picture showing everything installed

I also installed accucraft couplers

Patrick Kramer

Loco Bill Canelos

Patrick,

Nice install!
I don't know how I missed it when you first posted it.  Have yu done the sound yet??  What will you use?
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

CCSG

Bill,

Waiting to save up for a sound system but plan on using a phoenix pb8. I have to other locos that I'll do at the same time and I'll get a programming cable, so it's a bit of an investment.
Patrick Kramer

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the reference. I did see it but it was for DCC and not battery power like Patricks.  A lot of the Davenports problems go away with battery power.   The biggest  problem with my Davenport is stalling on switches due to the short wheelbase.  Battery would eliminate this problem entirely.

It is a great loco and converting it to battery is on my to do list, so I like install ideas like Patrick's.

If you see any other conversions to battery or if anyone does please post them!!

Thanks

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!