Will WBB have the CORRECT Conrail Paint Scheme?

Started by prrhorseshoecurve, April 26, 2014, 08:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prrhorseshoecurve

I just watched the Spring 2014 BAchmann PResentation at the TCA. I am Glad to HEar of the O guage 44T announcement. I am also glad to hear of the return of the K-line "Front Runner cars" which were 5 unit TTAX cars modified. Although the K-line Front Runners are a fantasy, Will Bachmann paint the announced Conrail "Front Runners" in the correct Miniral Red[tuscan Color" for the spins along with the White Trailers?

IT would really sell them better as opposed to the fantasy "Conrail Blue on freight cars"  >:( :'(Which many model Co's for some reason like to do.

If these "front Runner" spines Are correctly painted I can see MANY Conrail modeling Fans purchasing 5 of these cars at a time and obtaining former K-line articulation parts to make a prototypical 5 car spine set. ::) ;D

wmwalker

I just watched the video myself and was on the fence about the 44 ton switcher that my LHS called me on Wednesday about. Just placed my order for the Southern unit after seeing the proto type. Also will order some of those CSX trailer cars as well. Man WBB is really stepping up the plate for me. My fleet has grown now to over 22 engines and growing.  ;D Thanks WBB.
Thanks
Wyatt

phillyreading

I just watched the video by Bachmann and the man said the trailers are 80 foot long in scale. Maybe that is a mistake as  he meant the TTAX cars are 80 foot long and not the trailer. I don't know of any trailers on the road being 80 foot long, 53 foot, or 65 foot long yes.

Lee F.

Bucksco

Yes the trailer length was a mistake. It's a lot of information to present quickly...

phillyreading

Quote from: Yardmaster on April 27, 2014, 10:46:51 AM
Yes the trailer length was a mistake. It's a lot of information to present quickly...

Thank you for that info!
What the correct length is please?

Lee F.