News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SD70 Heritage Units

Started by ALCO0001, May 01, 2014, 11:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO0001

The bbb is the solution then .You had your chance to make it right.Failed to fix your printing errors and adds for some time .In the long run it pays to be honest take that to the bank since your no longer going to take any more of mine!

the Bach-man

Not at this time.
the Bach-man

ALCO0001

Bachmann,
Is there maybe going to be non heritage paint schemes in the future  for the sd70?
Jack

the Bach-man

I'm sure there's an excellent chance.
Requests?
the Bach-man

ALCO0001

B-mann
Starting a Norfolk Southern Base throe bread sd70ace,Union Pacific, Come on open up your wallet get the dust out,get an ok from some active railroads To do these !! ;D\
Jack

Jerrys HO

Quote from: ALCO0001 on May 28, 2014, 09:54:58 AM
B-mann
Starting a Norfolk Southern Base throe bread sd70ace,Union Pacific, Come on open up your wallet get the dust out,get an ok from some active railroads To do these !! ;D\
Jack

Now were talking. I would open my wallet up for a couple.
Not a fan of the NS Heritage units as I have never seen one down here in the south.
UP or NS (with the pony of coarse).

Jerry

jward

Quote from: Jerrys HO on May 28, 2014, 10:24:20 AM

Not a fan of the NS Heritage units as I have never seen one down here in the south.

Jerry

That's a shame Jerry. I have seen all of them, 3 within the past 5 days. They are impressive in person. You need to make a trip up here, with about 70 trains a day coming into conway from the east, plus a similar number from the west chances are you'll see at least one.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

[quoteI have seen all of them, 3 within the past 5 days. They are impressive in person. You need to make a trip up here, with about 70 trains a day coming into conway from the east, plus a similar number from the west chances are you'll see at least one.][/quote]

I have not forgot about your invitation for you to show me around. With work and 2 in college and one in 7th grade private school, it get's a little tough as they wast the Disney/beach vacation nearly every chance we get.

I used to fly into Philly and drive to Wilkes-Barre to the main office and enjoyed the view.
Did not get to see much train action.

PA. is to me the heaven of all railroading, railfaning, and scenery.

Now back to the original post....  COME ON BACHMANN!!!!!
Norfolk Southern and UP are big sellers.

Jerry

Doneldon

May I remind posters that it isn't necessary to repeat prior messages unless you are responding to particular subjects which may
not make sense without the quote? Needless quoting does nothing but plug up and slow the system. It's especially disruptive
when strings of pictures are repeated.
                                                             -- D

ALCO0001

Quote from: jward on May 28, 2014, 11:16:55 AM
Quote from: Jerrys HO on May 28, 2014, 10:24:20 AM

Jerry
Post Some pics if you get a chance for us!

That's a shame Jerry. I have seen all of them, 3 within the past 5 days. They are impressive in person. You need to make a trip up here, with about 70 trains a day coming into conway from the east, plus a similar number from the west chances are you'll see at least one.

Doneldon

jward

alco.

pics of the ones  I have photos of will appear as I get the time, probably later to-night.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jward

as promised, here are photos of the 10 I"ve gotten pics of so far. to-day looks promising as well, word has it 8114 (the ns red unit) is with the UP Olympic torch unit on 37a just out of Altoona, and the Wabash and southern were last reported in Harrisburg, believed to also be headed my way.

in numerical order, there they are, plus a couple of other oddballs.

999 is a one of a kind battery powered locomotive, seen at Altoona shops in 2011.

1065, savannah & Atlanta, seen on one of our shifter (wayfreight) trains, C35 eastbound out of Conway in July 2012

Reading "beeliner" at Conway, PA earlier this week. Note the other "heritage unit in the foreground, IC 1001.

1068 Erie, grind upgrade past my place on train 11K back in March.

1069 "bumblebee" leads mail train 21J past the intermodal terminal at Pitcairn, PA in May 2013.

1071 "miss liberty" with a southbound empty coal train at West Elizabeth, PA in December 2012

1072 "the glow worm" waits at Duquesne, pa for traffic to clear with a northbound coal train in May 2013. Duquesne in the junction between the Mon line from the coalfields of southwestern PA with the single track Port Perry branch. The branch is the only route around Pittsburgh for excess height cars like autoracks and doublestack containers, and this spot is a huge bottleneck for NS.

another of our shifters, C56, returns light to Pitcairn after dropping his train at Island Avenue earlier this month. The consist is all Altoona rebuilds, 4655 and the third unit 4653 are fresh from Altoona GP59Es, the second unit 5802 is a GP38-3 rebuilt from a GP50, and the last unit, 3430, is an SD40 rebuilt by Conrail in the 1990s.

6920 the veterans unit, struggles upgrade past my house with train 17G in November 2012.

8025 Monongahela on oil train 64R at Cassandra, PA during the all-nighter in August 2013. This is the only one of the heritage units that wasn't new when painted. For some reason, NS decided to use a slightly older locomotive fro the MGA unit.

8100 Nickle Plate, fresh from the paint shop in Altoona, past my place on its maiden run on 11A. Note the other freshly outshopped units in consist. 11A is used to ferry completed locomotives from Altoona to Conway to be put into service. March 2012.

Pennsy and New Haven on the same train. Another day, another 11A, this time at Island Avenue yard in May 2012.

A better view of 8102, this time on an excursion train at Altoona in May 2013. The NKP berk is on the other end of the train.

8114 "the redbird" leads empty coal train 591 downgrade at Cassandra, PA in May 2013.

Last but not least, here are two Amtrak heritage units.

AMTK 145 eastbound on the Pennsylvanian drifts downgrade past my place in July 2013.

AMTK 822 on the Capitol Limited at the former B&O Glenwood yard. The building in the background above the dump truck is what's left of the Glenwood diesel shop.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

Thanks Jeff for the great pics. Your photobucket page has nice one's too.
Here's a few of my favorites...
Wish Bachmann would produce the Honoring our Vets loco.

Look D no quotes ::) ;D

Thanks again,
Jerry

jward

the biggest problem with doing the veterans unit is that the cab is an ns design applied only to the sd60e rebuilds. note the unique brow over the windshield, and the flat front on the nose. I agree it is a beautiful paint job.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA