Dcc Hyperlight functions Soundtraxx Confusion

Started by ALCO0001, May 06, 2014, 10:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO0001

To the Knowledgeable,
I was trying to get my loco that has a single directional headlight to just stay on constant and eliminate the directional headlight via a cv adjustment . It has factory Soundtraxx.I have been bumbling through the manual in the lighting area and well Confused is an understatement since there is not even anything on  this  with double heading lash ups  ect....Kind of disappointing since there is 2 company's evolved withe the engine and the sound and well for a novice they really do not cover any description,procedure adjustments or have I completely missed something ???  A Hand up would be well Appreciated.
Jack

bapguy

Hunt

Read the value in CV 33.  I expect it to be 17 as the default value is 17 according to the Configuration Variable Defaults for the Modern 4-4-0 locomotive. Click Here for Configuration Variable Defaults list

If CV 33 = 17 then for the headlight to stay on all the time (non-directional) for this locomotive, program 19 to CV 33. Refer to Function Mapping, page 24. F0 (f) = 1+2+16

Hunt

Yardmaster deleted information from my original reply.

Following is some of the deleted information. . . but rephrased,

SoundTraxx has built the decoder installed in the 4-4-0 Modern to Bachmann specifications. Not all the Bachmann specifications are documented. In this circumstance, available documentation does not identify how FX5 is used.

Hunt

Yardmaster, test and divulge how FX5 is used in the sound decoder factory installed in the 4-4-0 Modern.

An Aside --
It is odd to me that FX5 is used to do what it appears to do in this decoder.

Bucksco

Sorry - not my cup of tea... If you really need to know that's what our service department is for. I would suggest asking for Rodney Watkins. I will certainly pass this along to him. But remember - you have to ask politely!

ALCO0001

Thank YOU ALL for attention to this matter .I do not feel so hung out to dry ANY MORE! I will give Rodey a call FOR  this great technical TIME with the model trains is not a problem it is an adventure into a new era OF A GREAT OLD HOBBY that needs to survive for the Long Haul ;D!
Jack

bapguy

I meant a value of 3 in CV33. Try 143 in CV49.  Joe