Williams By Bachmann Operating Cars

Started by Srcjo, May 10, 2014, 08:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Srcjo

I just got the Remote control for the WBB operating Boxcar. I have to say this is such a great idea. having a remote to operate the Cars. You can operate the car anywhere on your layout. you  don't need a uncoupling/operating section. I look forward to expanding my collection of operating cars. I hope WBB
continues to expand this line of Cars.
Thanks

phillyreading

Is there a separate button for uncouple or unload?
Will it work with the older Williams before Bachmann as well? ???

Lee F.

Srcjo

Lee, WBB Operating car that i have only requires the Uncoupling track. or use the Remote that is sold separately. Other manufacturers require a Unloading section. I hope i have explained this right  :)

phillyreading

Quote from: Srcjo on May 11, 2014, 08:22:23 PM
Lee, WBB Operating car that i have only requires the Uncoupling track. or use the Remote that is sold separately. Other manufacturers require a Unloading section. I hope i have explained this right  :)

I was wanting to know how the remote control worked. Like does it have a separate button for uncouple and a separate button for unload or is it the same button?
I know all about the uncoupling tracks that Lionel has for O gauge tubular track and how they operate as I have been around O gauge trains for over 45 years.

Lee F.

r0gruth

It is only for unloading.

I have the K-Line versions and do not know if will work the WbB cars.
Roger

Srcjo

The WBB remote is for unloading only. The Kline remote will not unload the WBB Operating cars.
The Uncoupling track will uncouple and unload. No need for a Unloading track with the WBB Operating cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3JxVO5SkwE

I linked a video from my friend Kstrains.

r0gruth

It is,IMHO,too bad that the remotes are NOT interchangeable.
It is like TMCC/Legacy and DCS.
My guess is that this has ben done for financial reasons.
I would probably bought more WbB operating cars if my
K-Line remote would work them
Roger

phillyreading

I am not sure but from what I read on another forum the new WBB remote will work with the older Williams and K-Line cars. However the older K-Line remote only works with K-Line cars. The Williams remote (non-Bachmann) works with K-Line cars from what I was able to understand, however the Williams remote won't do WBB cars because of newer electronics being used.

Thanks to all for answering a question or two that I had about the operating remotes.

Lee F.

3rail

Guys,

The K-Line remote only works with the K-Line cars and the Williams remote only works with Williams cars.  Requirements to pass FCC testing did not allow us to make the remote work with the older K-Line cars.

Regards,

3rail