News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Soundvalue Diesels

Started by ALCO0001, June 14, 2014, 02:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO0001

Hello,
I was wondering if there is someone out there that cold tell me in the DCC sound diesel world if the horn could be remapped to the bell function driver since the bell function seems to be the loudest sound function.BY doing this , would the horn be more robust like the original bell volume ???? Of course this is for all the Soundvalue diesels. ;D
Jack

Doneldon

ALCO-

May I suggest that you simply change the volumes of the bell and horn? That will keep
the same function buttons so you won't have to remember that this loco has its functions
reversed while your others presumably do not.
                                                                         -- D

rogertra

Quote from: Doneldon on June 14, 2014, 07:44:02 PM
ALCO-

May I suggest that you simply change the volumes of the bell and horn? That will keep
the same function buttons so you won't have to remember that this loco has its functions
                                                                         -- D

I tend to leave bell and horn volume loud but turn down the prime mover volume on diesels and chuff and air pump volume on steam as I personally find them too loud.  I especially find the volume too loud when you have a dozen or so sound equipped engines on the railway at one time.  For this reason, I have all my staging tracks controlled with on/off SPST switches and the same with my roundhouse stall and garden tracks, a la the old DC days.  This also helps keeps the noise down as engines in the roundhouse and in the staging yard(s) are then quiet.  In the roundhouse area, only the arrival and ready tracks have power all the time as I like the sound of engines being serviced or sitting on the ready tracks to be subdued.  My only feeling is, if you can hear the primer mover or the steam exhaust from more than about four feet away, then it's too loud.

Cheers

Roger T.

ALCO0001

Quote from: Doneldon on June 14, 2014, 07:44:02 PM
ALCO-

-- D

Do you know if when you reassign a sound to a different button if the electronics also swap drivers on the circuit board so the bell that does not need to wake the neighbors  will wake them with the horn? OR WHO WOULD KNOW THIS?
Jack

bapguy

Changing the function buttons will not increase the horn sound. The sound level is done by increasing the value in a CV IE: on a Tsunami CV129 is the CV for the horn volume. Values from 1(low) to 255(loud). Making the sound too loud will distort it and can ruin a speaker. If you have a full feature Tsunami it comes with an equalized and reverb. Down load the Tsunami manual from soundtraxx for more info.  Both can be used to increase the horn volume. If it's a soundvalue  decoder, these don't have these features.   Joe