News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoder read

Started by Dieselman, June 23, 2014, 04:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselman

Guys, I just received an athearn blue box loco with a decoder that I bought off ebay, will my dynamis system automatically read the assigned number for the loco? I put it on the track and turned on my controller and tried several variations of the engine number but no luck. I thought the road would come up on the controller. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Doneldon

Dies-

Try address "3." That's the default address for locos and decoders.

-- D

Dieselman

Address 03 worked thanks. However, I'm still wondering if the dynamis system should automatically display an address number on a loco that was programmed on someone else's layout. In other words, if you put your loco on my layout, will dynamis automatically display the address or do I have to know the address before putting it on the track?

Jerrys HO

All information is stored in the decoder not the Dynamis or any DCC controller. You must know the number that was assigned to the loco's decoder before you can operate it.
Some don't know and have to do a master reset to the decoder.
The DCC system is only activating what you have set in the decoder.

Jerry

AGSB

If you have just the plane Dynamis controller and hand held unit, it will not read any CVs. You can only read CVs when you have the Dynamis Pro Box hooked up also.

Dieselman

Thanks for answering my question, that's is what needed to know. Really liking my dynamis system.