News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NEW Bachmann RS-3 Question

Started by Striker1945, June 18, 2014, 11:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1945

Hey Bach-mann!

I recently received a new RS-3 for a college graduation gift! When I opened the box a small computer chip in a bag popped out along with the paperwork and such. However none of the papers explained what the chip is or what it does. Can you help me out here?

-Striker

ACY

It sounds like it is a jumper plug for if you want to remove the DCC decoder and run it strictly on DC.

Doneldon

Quote from: Striker1945 on June 18, 2014, 11:45:11 PM
Hey Bach-mann
I recently received a new RS-3 for a college graduation gift! When I opened the box a small computer chip in a bag popped out along with the paperwork and such. However none of the papers explained what the chip is or what it does. Can you help me out here?
-Striker

Striker-

It's a jumper which you use if the loco is to be run on DC rather than DCC. It goes onto the PCB inside the loco.

-- D

Striker1945

O.K. So then I'll just stow the chip away somewheres as I wont be needing it now (or ever)...

Thanks guys!!!

-Striker

jward

do not lose the dummy plug. you never know if you'll need it in the future. if you ever need to revert to dc temporarily, you'll be glad to have it. dcc systems are expensive and if anything happens to yours it may be a while before you can get it replaced. plus, if you have a friend who runs dc, you can use the plug when you visit his layout.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA