what are track numbers in a bachmann ez-track set?

Started by chinatrain99, June 28, 2014, 01:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinatrain99

I just bought a used Bachmann Old Tyme Village Express set without the box.  I was wanting to do some track planning but i'm not sure what the factory numbers are for the straight, terminal, and 12 curve pieces.  i've been looking all over for something with track numbers but cannot find.  any help appreciated.  jeff

Jerrys HO

Jeff,

I take it you are looking for part numbers. It's all in the online store. Here's a link straight to the nickel silver track which is preferred over the steel track.

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=258_366_367

Jerry

jbrock27

CT99, I would imagine you would want to be more familiar with the radius of curved sections, length of straight sections, what numbered or  non numbered turnouts are, things of that nature for your track planning.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Jeff,

You can also go to Anyrail.com and download for free a trial version which lets you utilize up to 50 pieces. This program also has part numbers and dimensions of the track.
You will find planning your layout with a software program such as this one will save you time and money than just buying track and throwing down just to find out that what you purchased will not work.

Jerry

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

chinatrain99

i do have anyrail downloaded.  what i noticed was all the different curves and straights so   that's why i asked what track came with a set so that i would know what track build my anyrail design with.

Irbricksceo

Just a heads up, Any rail's dimensions aren't formatted as you might expect. There are two things you should kno

1. First of all, all measurements are in the metric system (mm) so if you dont know them, you need a conversion calculator (easy to find online)
2. Curves are measured in two ways, the first is a metric version of the radius, the second is the degree measure, this is how much of a circle that piece makes up. 18 inch radius track is 30 degrees for a full section, 22 inch is 22.5 degrees.

Also, just for track planning knowledge, the radius is measured from the center of the track, and with roadbed, add one inch to each side (18 inch radius is 38 not 36 diametrer.
Modeling NYC in N

Jerrys HO

Irby,

Quote. First of all, all measurements are in the metric system (mm) so if you dont know them, you need a conversion calculator (easy to find online)

Not so, if you go to your settings,top left corner measurement system, you can change to English fractional or decimal unit's in inches.

Jeff aka chinatrain99

Most sets have 18r  few have 22r. In doing a search it looks like that set came with steel track with the black roadbed.

All my EZ track has the radius listed on the underneath side in VERY small PRINT. If you look closely it should (but not always) have in small print 18r or 22r stamped on it.

Jerry

jbrock27

Unfortunate that it is steel rail.

My suggestion Jeff, if you are going to purchase any more sections of track, do not purchase any more steel track, instead purchase the Bachmann Nickel Silver (grey roadbed) track going forward.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Here's some #s for you on the Bachmann Nickel Silver EZ track: 18"R curve-92124A1; 4.5" straight-4414B-A.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Pops

OK - this should be EVERYTHING you need for part numbers.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/HO-Scale-E-Z-Track-s/1877.htm

It's all there. Nothing else needed to say.   ;) ::) :D

jbrock27

I see this place has "packs" of track.  How's the prices with the shipping Pops?

The numbers I gave btw, are what is imprinted on the underside of individual sections of track.  I left off the last 3 or 4 digits as they varied even among the same kind of track.  Just a guess, but I think all these other digits mean are date of manufacture and maybe even location of manufacture.  Not really relevant to me what they mean regardless.
I provided the numbers so if Jeff is shopping on EBay, for the track, he can ask a seller what the numbers are on the underside, or for that matter, it can be asked what it says on the underside the section of track is.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Pops

The best I've ever found.  It's where I got all my track. 
There's a map of my layout and track list on the "Photos" page of my website -

www.HeritageValleyRailroad.com

Hope that helps some.
::)

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On