News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

This Years New Announcements

Started by aussie geoff, June 30, 2014, 10:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skarloey Railway

For whatever reason, despite being a better runner than the 4-6-0, the 2-6-2 was much rarer in the UK post WW1. Ten of the 4-6-0s operated on 4 lines different lines between 1920(ish) and 1950(ish), whereas only one line operated the Baldwin 2-6-2. The Penrhyn Railway, a N Wales slate hauler, bought 3 of them but didn't get much joy out of them. Eventually two were scrapped (I think) and one, named Felin Hen, found its way to Australia where it did good service on a sugar plantation line and ended up in preservation, albeit inoperable. Bizarrely (and I didn't know this till googling), it was then shipped back to France and has since been completely restored and is now running on the Tacot des Lacs http://www.tacot-des-lacs.com/ near Fontainebleau alongside an Alco 2-6-2 and several other US built WW1 locomotives.

http://www.fdelaitre.org/wp2/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Baldwin_1.jpg and looking very smart as well.

http://marc-andre-dubout.org/cf/baguenaude/felin-hen/felin-hen-english.htm has its full history

Both Alco and Baldwin 2-6-2s fared rather better [/pre] post WW1 in France. One of these was brought back to the UK in the 1960s and became Mountaineer on the Ffestiniog Railway.

Bucksco

If you all go to the home page and click on "Sign up for newsletter" you will receive monthly updates direct from Bachmann via email without using social media sites.

railtwister

Quote from: Yardmaster on August 24, 2014, 01:43:40 PM
If you all go to the home page and click on "Sign up for newsletter" you will receive monthly updates direct from Bachmann via email without using social media sites.

Just tried to do that & got the following message:

"Not Found

The requested URL /home-usa/286ahttp://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/newsletter.php was not found on this server."

Bill in FtL

Bucksco

Works for me. You may want to try again...

railtwister

Tried it again tonite, and got a URL address bar that read "about:blank" over a blank web page. This was hitting the link button while in Home Page screen. Went to the "Contact Us" page, and noticed the link button still showed when in that page, so hit it again, and it seemed to work. Went back to Home Page and tried it again, and got the "about:blank" page again. Hopefully, when it seemed like it worked, it actually did and I'll get a newsletter, time will tell. I wonder how many others had the same problem, and just gave up? It shouldn't be this difficult or require this much persistence, should it?

Bill in FtL

InsideTrack

Bill in FtL

We upgraded our server and ran into a few of technical difficulties. You should have no problem when you try to sign up for our newsletter now.

Thanks for your patience,
Bachmann Trains

Stevelewis

I just  signed  up  over  here  in  the  UK  and  it  worked  fine!

Steve
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

railtwister

Quote from: InsideTrack on August 27, 2014, 09:27:58 AM
Bill in FtL

We upgraded our server and ran into a few of technical difficulties. You should have no problem when you try to sign up for our newsletter now.

Thanks for your patience,
Bachmann Trains

I think I have successfully signed up, but I tried things again just to check it out, here's what I found:
If I went to the home page, either by entering Bachmanntrains.com into my browser, or by clicking on the "home" button at the top of the "Ask the Bachmann" forums page, I got the "about:blank" page and couldn't see the sign-on screen. If I went to any other page from that home page where the hot text link "Signup for newsletter" was still showing (such as the "contact us" page), it would bring up the sign-up screen just fine. But again, if I just type in "bachmanntrains.com" into my browsers address bar, once that home page opens, and I click on the "Newsletter Signup" link, then I get the "about:blank" screen with no sign-up screen showing. Not sure why the Signup link doesn't work from all pages where it shows, but that's the results I get.

I'm only writing this note as a FYI, not a complaint or argument, in the hopes that this info will be helpful in getting it fixed in case it is a problem for anyone else.

Bill in FtL

railtwister

Well, here it is, October 29th already, and I still don't know if my initial sign-up attempt was successful or not, since I have yet to receive a newsletter. Does anyone know if Bachmann has sent out any newsletters in the past two months? Hopefully, there should be something for a newsletter to talk about with Bachmann's announcement of their new & upcoming "BlueTooth" app for wireless loco control.

Bill in FtL

ScottyB

I've not received anything. I think the bluetooth thing is very interesting and would like to learn more about it. I was planning on asking Bachmann about it at Trainfest next weekend.

But I've not received the newsletter if there was one...

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Dusten Barefoot

It's soon, going to be 2015 in a few months, and maybe they'll "crosses fingers" will announce an 8-20d 2-6-0 like the Glenbrook, or an 8-18c 4-4-0 like the Eureka. I don't have the means to make my own models of them, or I would have by now.

Rock On!
~Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Royce Wilson

We have been begging for that engine from the start,maybe it will come true. ::)

Royce