News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need simple E-Z Track layouts

Started by Grapevine Flyer, August 06, 2014, 02:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grapevine Flyer

Any links to any good E-Z track layout plans?

jbrock27

Your question should be moved to the HO section for better exposure, but, have you checked the Internet for EZ-track/track plans?  It has been written many a time here, that the Anyrail program for example, which can be used for EZ track, allows you to put together a layout with the first 50 pieces free of charge.
I would like to help you more, but I only use EZ track for around the Xmas tree.  I used traditional sectional, Atlas track for our layout and never mastered using Scarm programming for example to design the layout.  So, I have been designing it "old school".
If you search here, there have also been many postings of layout designs.  What size are you working with?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Doneldon

big dino-

I don't believe you'll be able to find any layout plans organized by the size of the turnouts used on it. I suggest that you either go through the track plans which are available all over the Inet, checking them for the sizes of their turnouts, or that you use Anyrail to develop a plan you already have in mind, substituting the turnouts you want to use where necessary.

Good luck with your layout planning, and please keep us up to date on your progress.
                                                                                                                                   -- D

CNE Runner

Gig - I see you are looking for simple HO layouts? Have you considered small or mini layouts? Please check out Carl Arendt's website at http://www.carendt.com/ for some truly interesting plans. I wouldn't have a layout today if it weren't for the guidance, and inspiration, I derived from Carl's site. [FYI: Carl Arendt died some time ago - however the website is ably maintained by a chap from the Netherlands.]

Jbrock mentioned AnyRail and I certainly concur. AnyRail is a great layout-planning tool that has a shallow learning curve. You can try it for free - or opt to purchase the expanded version (...well worth the outlay). Another good source of small layouts is Railway Modeller magazine. This is a Peco, UK publication that has a wealth of small layouts featured each month. [Railway Modelling is very expensive in the U.S. @ $11/issue. You can subscribe to the digital edition for much less and can access back issues via your Kindle or IPad.] Other UK publications I have found useful are: The Hornby Magazine and Model Railway. You have to hand it to the Brits as they really produce some awesome model railroads...most of which are sensible in size.

Good luck in your search. Keep in mind that no layout is 100% perfect.

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"