Bachman Big Top Circus Train R/C G Scale Train Set

Started by g-guage_trains, August 09, 2014, 12:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-guage_trains

Hi, did Bachmann sell a Bachman Big Top Circus Train R/C G Scale Train Set
Item #90105?
alanrr

Wade Colyer

Yes they did. It came out in 1993. It was 49 MHz so it would not interfere with the 27 MHz original R/C set.

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Wade,

I know the set was run in 27 MHZ for sure.  The many pictures I have of the set show the loco number as #7 which usually indicates a 27 Mhz transmitter.  I do have pictures of the back of the transmitter in one set and it is clear enough to read the 27 Mhz info.  My notes on this set indicate there might have been a 49 mhz version, but I have never found any pictures to back it up

Could this set have been made in both frequencies??  If you have pictures of the set with a different loco number and 49 Mhz transmitter, I would love to get copies of what you have.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Loco Bill Canelos

g-guage trains,

Can you verify the number on the loco cab or check th4e back of the transmitter??  Let us know.

Bill

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill and Alan,

I'll try to find mine and check. My Holiday Express engine is on the shelf by my workshop and it's 49 MHz and I may have had a brain fart about the Big Top set. We're not getting any younger, are we Bill.

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Wade,

I am definitely not getting younger ;D .  I have suspected the set might have been made in both frequencies for some time, but never have been able to find proof.  My records are definitely not bullet proof and my notes are sometimes confusing as well ::).  IN my notes on this set it says "maybe 49Mhz"  that is all, but I do have good data on there being a 27 Mhz set.

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

Wade Colyer

Hi All,

The cab number on the dc version is 49. I think that's what I was thinking of. I always check the photos on eBay for variations. If I find anymore information, I'll let you know.

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Alan.

Thanks for the link,  looks like they may well have made it in both frequencies.  The absolute proof would be if they showed the back of the transmitter or the bottom of the loco where the frequency is actually listed.  The Bachmann practice on all RC sets was to have the cab number reflect the frequency ie #7, #9, #9. There were only the two frequencies, 27Mhz and 49 Mhz.

Alan if you buy the set, please take a photo of the back of the transmitter where it shows the frequency and post it for us!!  $20 bucks would be a good deal!!

You may have solved one of our historical questions about this set!!

Thanks again,

Bill