News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Shay reconfigurizing

Started by kevin2083, October 11, 2007, 10:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2083

No, that second word is NOT real. It's fall break and I finally have some time. Taking apart a $175 model and putting it back together should fill up some of that time. I'm looking for advice on how to:

1. relocate the backup light from the water tank to the cab roof (see picture) and still work

and

2. replace the stack with a straight one. (picture) Mainly just where can I get a straight stack.

I know that the B-mann model isn't exactly the right type of 3 truck shay, but it's close enogh.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

willb

cal-scale probably makes the stack that you want.  you can also get the air compressor.    re-locating the lamp to the roof will involve running additional wires from the tender through the cab.  use very small gauge black wire.  hopefully you will be able to unsolder the lamp from the circuit board.  use a low wattage soldering iron - about 25 watts.  i have seen the straight stack, steel cab bachman shays on ebay for less than $100

kevin2083

thanks for the help. Somehow, I didn't even notice the air compressors were different.  That picture isn't very good.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||