News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez track

Started by jaklab@comcast.net, September 06, 2014, 03:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaklab@comcast.net

I have 1'' sections that the rails have fallen off and my old eyes can't figure out how to get them back on    help   thanks   jack

richg

Not wise to use your email address as your name. Open invitation to spammers and hackers.
They run software automatically that scans the internet for unguarded email address. Your is right in their face. Believe it.

Rich

Doneldon

Quote from: jaklab@comcast.net on September 06, 2014, 03:07:23 PM
  I have 1'' sections that the rails have fallen off and my old eyes can't figure out how to get them back on    help   thanks   jack/quote]

Jack-

If the EZTrack rails have come off he little plastic spike heads have probably broken. You can try making sure that the strips where the rails are mounted and the bottoms of the rails are clean and then use AC to reattach them. However, that will give you very little glue space because you need to leave unglued areas for the rail joiners on both ends. That being the case, I'm thinking that soldering the short, loose rails to the adjacent rails on each end will be a much better repair. You could still put a little AC under the short rail sections but I'm not sure I'd bother. I suppose you could try drilling very small holes through the ties and then push extra long spikes through them into the subroadbed but I think the best solution is soldering your rails.

Such short rail sections are a problem with all track but especially with roadbed-attached track. If your plan allows it, it's better to use two sections which are longer than the short one but shorter than the full one to which it connect. For example, if you have a one-inch section next to a full nine-inch section, cut two nine-inch sections to cover the 10-inch gap so you have nothing as short as one inch. Or, if you have an odd piece, say six inches long, use that with a four-inch piece cut from a full section.

Good luck with your short gap. Let us know how it works for you.
                                                                                                   -- D

rbryce1

There is nothing wrong with using short sections of track.  They are all over our Christmas layout.  Don't try to fix or repair the 1" section.  Spend the small amount of money and buy the assorted pack that the one inch section comes in and replace it with new track.  That will work far better than trying to cut a track section and keeping it together unless you are gluing the track down, as Bachmann track does not lock together at a cut and putting a rail joiner on a cut section means removing some spikes anyway.