News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EMD SD70 ACE Lighting

Started by ALCO0001, September 10, 2014, 06:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO0001

Hello,
I was wondering if the sd70ace number boards have the potential to be lighted  like the ditch lights do since they have a clear lens .

I cannot tell if there is a clear lens behind the numbers for the number boards without removing them and that would defeat the idea of just keeping it stock and drill a whole from the back and install a led
???
Jack

rogertra

Quote from: ALCO0001 on September 10, 2014, 06:36:54 PM
Hello,
My new sd70ace  sound value engine couplers will not stay coupled TOO HIGH to anything on a level track .And the body has a lean to it and will not center up and stay there .Is there a recommended fix for this since this is the second one I have gotten after returning the first with this problem.
Thanks ,Jack

Yes.  Take it apart and make sure the body is seated correctly.

This is usually not the kind of problem you send a loco back for, you generally fix these yourself.

If the body is correctly seated on chassis, then change the couplers to Kadee No. 145 coupler.  This is the coupler with the knuckle under set so it's lower down.

However, it's probably the body needs seating on the chassis correctly.

Again, this is a fix you can do yourself.

Cheers

Roger T.

ALCO0001

Roger,
Took a closer look and it is not the body ,it is the frame on the truck pins .It also leans to what ever side you push it to, and does not center itself.kind of like a teeter tauter.Second new one like it  ???
Thanks Again,
Jack

ALCO0001