News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

'Gearing up' for the weekend here....

Started by tac, September 18, 2014, 02:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

Me and a couple of pals will be running out teeny LGB-based layout at the Barnwell Garden Show this weekend.  It's only 12x8 feet, but has lots of track of a necessarily tight radiii - smallest and next one up, so that we can run ALL of the Bachmann geared stuff on the outside loop.  The geared locos never fail to attract an audience - unusual does not even come close as most here in UK have never seen ANY kind of a logging locomotive.  Those gorgeous Bachmann spectrum models sure do attract some serious attention, that's for sure.  Comment and question come thick and fast, and Youtube is used to show the real thing when we can get a decent wi-fi signal.

Between us we have five Bachmann Shays, a Heisler and Climax, plus a live-steam Shay and a couple of small live-steam locos.  I'll also be running a few LGB littlies, and a couple of AccuCraft's snazzy little Baguley-Drury dismals with suitable rolling stock.

There will be tea and cake for the locals, and coffee and pie for me and Bruce.  You are all more than welcome to to drop by - outside the village hall behind the Montague Arms pub, which will, or course, be open during the show.

All donations will be going to help offset the enormous cost of adding on a small washroom to a building put up in the early 1600's for the 'poor and G*d-fearing gentle people of the countie thatte they maye bee accomodated in close fellowshippe with their more advantaged fellows', Pastor Latham's Almshouses in other words, a Grade 1 English Heritage jewel that still houses people - widows and widowers, born in the county and are 'welle-deserving'.  The add-on has to be built using the same stone from the same quarry - still owned by the same family BTW, using correct 17thC recipe mortar and hand-smithed ironwork.  For the same price we could have a good-sized three-bedroomed home on Vancouver Island...

There will be a couple of little movies on Youtube, I have no doubt, that's if we can get persimmon from the parents to upload them if they have their children in them.

tac, ig, ken the GFT & The Richard III Society Boys

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Tac,

You and the fellas have fun playing with your toys, hope you get lots of donations!! 8)

Would love to come if for no other reason than the Pub will be open ;D ::)

Cheers and Beers,

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tac

No laffin', OK?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tac%27s+track+20th+Sept+2014

WE had fun, by the way.  Dunno if anybody else did, they never said.

I'm the one wearing the Tillamook Oregon hoodie, BTW, in case anybody wondered.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

charon

Tac,
Thanks for sharing your video.  That little Eggliner is pulling a pretty good consist.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line