News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Vulcan Trucks

Started by aussie geoff, September 23, 2014, 10:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie geoff

Hello Mr Bachmann

Am having trouble trying to locate some of your Vulcan Trucks . Seems everyone is out of them even the Bachmann Shop . Does Bachmann plan on restocking these items or are they discontinued ?

Geoff    ??? ???

the Bach-man

Dear Geoff,
They're not discontinued; I'll let the boss know we need them.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

aussie geoff

Hello

Thanks Bach - man

Geoff

ScottyB

A few online sellers have them, but if you're in Australia (guessing by your name) it might not be practical.

Internet Trains
Nicolas Smith
HobbyLinc

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

aussie geoff

Thanks Scott B

Yes . Hard to find down here , and to be fair I source most of my gear from the State,s . Thanks for the heads up

Cheers

Geoff

ScottyB

Good luck,

Hard enough to find On30 in the USA! Hope you find some!

Scott

Chatham

Quote from: ScottyB on September 28, 2014, 07:40:01 PM
Good luck,

Hard enough to find On30 in the USA! Hope you find some!

Scott

Scott,

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. LHS have nothing and online not much better. The largest dealer online has lots of Bachmann HO but little in on30 and shrinking daily.  Same for the second and third dealers online and those that do have On30 are not offering any deals whatsoever. ( By deals I mean simply affordable prices, not give aways) Everyone is entitled to make a decent profit.

I haven't seen any trucks or other parts available in ages.

Bachmann has said that their warehouse is full of stock so why aren't the dealers reordering ?

Just asking is all. Any thoughts or ideas other than too expensive? WE wanted DCC not simply DCC ready, we then wanted sound and all that comes with a price. Bachmann made a step in that direction with a few of their latest offerings. Sound could be ordered as an option or added later.

It will be interesting to see what happens as more and more of us are priced out of the market. Lets face it, if you're just starting out in On30 and want the whole nine yards, DCC and sound you are looking at a large price tag up front and the locomotives are only the beginning.   How is this helping to bring younger people into the hobby or keeping us old geezers in it?. I can afford the stuff, just don't run trains as I'd rather build.
This is meant as a question, possibly part of an answer and in no way a criticism.

Did I just hijack this thread? If so I apologize. ::)

Chatham

ScottyB

Quote from: Chatham on September 29, 2014, 12:35:31 PM
Did I just hijack this thread? If so I apologize. ::)

Chatham

Well, perhaps, but you do have a point. A double whammy, really: 1) Not too long ago, street price on On30 freight used to be around $15, now it has more than doubled - dare I say approaching 2-rail O prices. And 2) Obviously a regular supply of rolling stock is key to the success of any scale. On30 products used to be easy to find, particularly online. One retailer used to have full page ads in the hobby publications with solely On30 products on it. Now... this thread.

I'm not certain why this is. Considering there is an On30 Facebook group nearing 1,000 members, I feel there is a market, admittedly a niche one. I'm assuming Sn3 is a smaller market still, yet the largest manufacturer of Sn3 is regularly coming out with more products. And $$$$ ones at that.

I'm hoping Bachmann's appearances at the iHobby expo and Trainfest in coming weeks might reignite On30 and with any luck have an announcement or two. (Wishful thinking, but I'm an optimist!) I also think that 3D printing will help On30 in producing cars that are not currently available.

Yup, frustrating at times, but still fun!

Scitt