News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Center Cab diesel

Started by ebtbob, October 08, 2014, 11:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevelewis

I installed  the  sound  module  in my  Whitcomb today,  it  took about  10 mins  to  do very  easy!

Just a couple  of   points to  note, the  Tsunami  installation  states  that  the  2  airtanks  are  secured by 2  screws in each one, this  is not  correct  the  \Airtanks  are  a  simple  clip fit, once they are  removed  to screws  can be located underneath, also  the side  railings  have to be  unclipped  from the  cab  sides to allow  the  whole body section to  lift off.

I find  the  sound  is  very  acceptable,  I  have no  idea  how  the  real  thing would  sound, but   the  sound  is  like  a  typical  small diesel  loco.

Also  of  note  is  the  fact  that  there  are  FIVE different  airhorn  sounds,  which   are accessed  via  CV 115,

REMEMBER if installing   a sound  module ... reset  the  on board  decoder  FIRST  (Value 8 in  CV8)  It is  worth  doing  this  even if the  factory settings have not  been  altered..

I really  like  this  loco  although  its  a  diesel  I think  it  is  one  of  the Best  From  Bachmann 0n30  so  far
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

ebtbob

Good Morning all,

I opted to put another manufacture's Baldwin sound module in my center cab.   From what I have heard on YouTube,  the sound I chose is very close to the Bachmann sound.   But,  the sound is only a SMALL part of what makes the a GREAT engine.    It will be the only diesel power on my On30 railroad and I am glad I made the purchase.
Now the next step is to encourage Bachmann to release a small 2-8-2 in On30.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Stevelewis

As  a  matter  of  interest   what  alternative  brand  did  you  use?

I assume  that  you removed  the  existing  Bachmann factory  fitted  decoder  but  utilised  the  on board  speakers?

I am intersted in  your  application  as  in  the  event  of  my purchasing  a  2nd  Whitcomb  i would  like  to have  the  sound  slightly different.

The  sound  from  the  bachmann supplied  sound  module  actually  sounds  a  lot  better  in  real time, than  the  sounds  I  have  heard  on You  tube  (so far)!!
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!