Seaboard NW2 Just Out of the Detail Shop

Started by wmwalker, October 17, 2014, 07:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmwalker

Just got my WBB NW2 out of the detailing shop and my good friend has done another great job with this one.

Thanks
Wyatt

stationmaster12

I love all of the pics you post here. How do you do it? I have tried posting pics on this site, and I can not because it comes back as an error "file is too large" I've tried lowering the picture quality, but that doesn't help.  Thanks!!
Keep God first in all that you do.

wmwalker

Stationmaster12
You have to store the picture on a website like photobucket or flicker and I am sure their are others like those. Anyway after you store the picture on the web site you will see several type options for using to share the picture. I use photobucket so I will tell you the one I use it is called direct so I copy that link and then on this forum board I select the little icon that looks like a picture. It will put a set of letters that look like this with the cursor blinking in the middle in your message. then you just paste the link from photobucket where the cursor is blinking now your done. Just remember do not move the picture on the website where you stored it because that will change the link and the picture will not display. I hope this helps you.
Thanks
Wyatt

Chessie1971

stationmaster12

Lee,
Thank you . I will give photobucket a try.
Jose

stationmaster12

stationmaster12

Hey Wyatt,
Thank you! I was finaly able to post the pics. Here are some of them.

stationmaster12

wmwalker

Looking good and keep the pictures coming very nice job. :)
Thanks
Wyatt

Country Joe

Hi stationmaster 12

I like the way you attached the crew members to the front electric motor. Great idea, first time that I have seen this done.
                  I will borrow this method on some of my locos. Is the black around the motor, paper or some other product?

Again nice install !

Keep-em Smoken...671

Joe Satnik

"Hey, Enrico, how you doin?  My girl broke my heart."

"Not too bad, Conrad.  Went to the cardiologist yesterday, had some chest pains. 

Getting used to it now, though."

Your mod looks nice, though I have a few thoughts:

1.  There are less visible black tie-wraps available. 

2.  Make sure the motor's ventilation is not blocked by the card wrapped around it.

3. Make sure the motor's flywheel is free to turn, and not interfered with by the card wrapped around it.

4. Since the motor body follows the rotation of the trucks, your crew will move back and forth (and forth and back) in the cab as you go around curves....

Great idea, though.  Wish I would have thought of it...

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

stationmaster12

Hey 671,
The black material came from a shirt box that I cut up. Two issues I had with this method were that the figures move with the motor on curves and I had to make sure that friction between the the figures and the inside of the shell would not cause derailments, and that the fly wheel would not rub on the black material . It took some time tinkering until I got it to work.
Thanks!

M1FredQ

Hi Wyatt

I am leaving for Ft Myers Florida thursday with my 2 youngest kids-pullin them right out of school!!!
In Naples there is a Seaboard TRain museam at a reconditioned Seaboard Train Station. Inside is a Huge model train museam have never been inside but saw it this past June when I was there.
They had some Seaboard Streamliner passenger cars and a lot of other items.

In addition this hobby store I visit in Ft Lauderdale was closing out their train section and I picked up a SEABOARD NW-2 last one they had along with a Peter Witt Philly-last one couldn't pass up the price!!!!

I p[lan to take pictures hope to post any good stuff.

Wyatt your Seaboard looks great!!

I like the Southern one too!!