News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann sd70ace for the Bachmann

Started by ALCO0001, October 22, 2014, 08:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO0001

Hello,
I was wondering why the sd70ace has dummy ditch lights that I was told by a Bachmann Tech was designed for the modeler to light up ,but the sound board does not provide a function output for these and if you use the existing functions they cannot be programed into the grade crossing hyperlight effects that they refere to the tsumani manual for  wile the real tsumani has a fx5 and 6 functions. I see that the forward and reverse lights can be programed independently like the real tsumani  so Again is there information that can be obtained through Bachmann to do this since it is not a tsumani and there is not a manual published for instructions. Also the quick start guide lists a air compressor sound function that does not work at all .Should I send it back for warranty defective sound board to get what I paid for?
Jack

Irbricksceo

Sound on board decodes do not have hyperlight functions, they are basic "value" versions unlike the true tsunami. this is why they lack a lot of the sounds that the full has.
Modeling NYC in N

ALCO0001

All sound value diesels and steam have hyperlight functions ,please do not answer when you can not read the quick start guides ,CV 49 front light cv 50 rear light and this part is the same like tsumani except it does not have fx5 aNd fx6 .Hope your not a rep.If so you need to maybe do somthing else.
Jack

Jerrys HO

Jack,
From what I have read the sound value decoder only supports rule 17 in the lighting mode, meaning it has directional lighting, on in forward and on in reverse. That's the short version, google rule 17 if you want the full version.
NO hyperlight functions as Irbricksceo stated. That was a little rude response who was trying to help but I am sure I will get one too. ;)

ALCO0001

I can make each light do whatever strobe flash ect independently and it has grde crossing set up for the bell and horn cv 198.I ran through all 255 light cv trial and error and took notes . there are so many combinations per cv change  its hard to get a hold on witch one i need .BUT It seems like if there were some king of link from the grade crossing function to the lights It could work just for the ditch lights .They are just wired into the front and rear lights right now , they look great!

Hunt

Jack,
I am not a Bachmann employee.

As you know, your locomotive is equipped with nonoperational ditch lights.

To control ditch lights you add independent of other lights,  requires a light function output for each light. This requires a different decoder with four light function outputs.

Out of the box, the Sound Value decoder in the locomotive you have has two light function outputs. Headlight wired to one and the reverse (backup) light wired to the second. Most, but not all, of the SoundTraxx Hyperlight effects covered in the Tsunami documentation operate as described with these two light function outputs.

Sound Value decoder in your diesel does not have an air compressor sound file and if a document indicates it does, it is a misprint. The decoder is not defective. 

Doneldon

Jack-

Most of us on this board have had a dispute with another poster at some point but I've noted that these disagreements are handled maturely and respectfully. Your response to Irbricksceo was anything but. I want to ask you to keep the importance of gentlemanly behavior (and ladylike when apropos) in mind when you are tempted to lay into another person, particularly when that person is trying to be helpful.
                                                                                                                                                                                            -- D

ALCO0001

Well ok I see your point.I have been bad SORRy!
The issue with me is with Bachmann selling these things at a pretty good price ,still not that cheap and puts a basic cv list together that is full of errors and then refers to a completely different hi end product as a reference that also has differences to the product that they are selling and are dragging there feet to release a actual instruction manual for the sound value line .If you call and talk to a tech it hit or miss also .So if they do not know who does? I corrected a comment on a previous message about the hyper lights that they have .You can make the lights do what a tsumani does with the 2 channels for the lights front and rear independently. I have already been through all that trial and error to find that out and have set up cv198 for the grade crossing noises and also on these rule 17 can be turned on or off .
What I am trying to do is turn on the grade crossing logic to work the 2 channels that are offered to make the ditch light flash back and forth  when the grade crossing sense is activated.ON a tsumani you get the same light controls on the sound value but they use fx5 and fx6 to do this ,but the sound value and tsumani or tsumani states that you can independently control each headlight Chanel separately that kind of works for me ,but how to program into the grade crossing logic controlled by cv 198 andis something unknown to me to make this work if at all possible for prototypical operation without having to go out and purchase a tsumani itself .I was told by the Bach tech they designed it for the modeler to do it them selves so I am there but if they have the hyper lights available on this decoder witch they do and the grade crossing sound set up and refere to the tsumani to turn on the grade crossing logic and it does not have this then where is the value fr me when in order to make this work  I WOULD MAYBE HAVE TO REPLACE THE DECODER ANYHOW. I am hoping I am wrong and wish to get the right answers if they are out there that is all? I am pretty impressed with this 70 on how they designed it even with the mold on things .All help with this will be greatly Appreciated. ;) ;)

Hunt

Jack,
First reread my reply above.

Now using the two light function outputs.

You cannot program lights connected to the same output to different lighting effects.

Program CV 198 Digital Mode Automatic Sound Configuration to zero (CV 198 = 0 ) as it is not used with the following.

The Sound Value decoder has only two function outputs for lights. Assuming you have wired one ditch light to the Headlight output and the other ditch light to the Backup output.

Program
CV 33 = 3
CV 34 = 3
CV 49 = 169
CV 50 = 185

Now -- When the air horn is sounded, the Headlight, Backup light and ditch lights will flash back and forth. All the lights will revert back to a steady on state after about five seconds following the release of the horn key.

Click Here for Tsunami Diesel Sound User's Guide. Refer to  Table G. Hyperlight Control Mode Settings, Page 33

Details using the guide for value used in CV 49 and CV 50

Configure the Headlight and Backup light outputs for use with LED as Type I Ditch lights that flash when the horn is blown and revert to a steady on state when it is not flashing.

1. Look up the initial CV value in Table G for a Type I Ditch Light under the column labeled 'Crossing Logic On' and find Phase A is 41 and Phase B is 57.  To get the lights to flash back and forth, CV 49 uses the Phase A value and CV 50 uses the Phase B value.
2. Since using LEDs, add 128, the LED Compensation to each.
Thus
CV 49 (Headlight configuration) is programmed with the value 169 (41 + 128).
CV 50 (Backup light configuration) is programmed with the value 185 (57 + 128).

When the air horn is sounded, the  Headlight, Backup light and ditch lights will flash back and forth. The lights will revert back to a steady on state after about five seconds following the release of the horn key.

ALCO0001

Hunt,

I Thank you for the hand up ! The phase of each light I had the same that caused my dysfunction compared to your very well described Correct

numbers. I was right there in the manual like you advised before ,and it seems there was a sort of a comprehension issue between the ears with that part . ;D!
I wired the headlights in a old school directional light circuit separate from the board  with a micro switch under the removable radiator fan to

manually turn off the headlights if need in a lash up when not the lead engine .Then the ditch lights can be completely controlled by the board .My Apologies for the unnecessary comment earlier .Thanks Again.
Jack