News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge

Started by Cheeky_ULP, October 26, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony P2

I can see Bachman releasing Paxton but I'm not sure about dual gauge track. there are manufacturers that produce dual gauge track. modeltrainstuff.com sells it.

Blackfive1994

Okay thanks. I'll look at that.

Len

Peco has a fair selection of HOe/(HOn30 (1:87/9mm) turnouts for U.S. 2-1/2ft narrow gauge. They're also starting to do OO9 (1:76/9mm) for the UK OO narrow gaugers.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Blackfive1994

therailwayinspector

So, we are getting Narrow Gauge this year after all. After so many years, an with the OO9 market starting to be recognised (especially here in the UK), it doesn't come as a surprise.

However, there is most likely a catch.

It is CRUCIAL that these products sell. Releasing just one engine will stump sales slightly I imagine. Parents of young children will be unlikely to buy the a whole new scale of track and stock for just one engine. If Skarloey and the rolling stock do not sell, the range may not expand to include all or any of the others, which would be a crying shame.

Therefore, I urge you all to buy these when they are released. We've said for years we wanted them, now lets show Bachmann how much we meant it!
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Chaz

I do not think you have to tell anyone to do that twice.  because the demand for narrow gauge has been very high whether or not you are a Thomas fan or if you want to model the Tallylyn railway and modify the Skarloey model.

The price is steep, but considering how serious most fans are of modeling narrow gauge, I am not particularly worried. I am sure we will see more additions with Narrow Gauge for more years to come.  I don't think anyone has any reason to worry about this. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

therailwayinspector

Sometimes people need a prod ;)

I just hope they don't do one engine per year; I'd be fine with a break from the standard gauge to allow this to develop further and quicker. To wait 6-7 years for the core characters would be torture! But that's long term. I'm elated that it'sactuly being done at all!
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Chaz

I'm on the same boat as you are.  Just Skarloey alone makes me happy enough, even if most new ranges generally start with two or three locomotives, but in this it's just Skarloey.  Again not complaining, it could be Bachmann's way of testing if this really is going to sell despite his high price.  If he sells well we could easily get Rheneas and/or any of the original six to join the range with some more stock.  It might take a while for them to do this, but it will make each and every engine worth the wait. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DoggySporty

I'll definitely be getting Scarloey, I don't want narrow gauge to fall short in sales.  If G scale turned into such a success, I can see this having a good chance!
The box vans look kind of goofy in the year book but I love the look of the open wagon--I'd love to have a Skarloey hauling a lot of them.  It's exciting indeed ;)

Metal

One thing I do like about the NG CGI renders, and why I think they're better than S4 models, is Peter Sam's funnel, his CGI render uses that Gisel Funnel that was used in the RWS, and the Ertl toy instead of that box-shaped one used in the model series.

S4 Peter Sam

S5-12 Peter Sam

CGI Peter Sam

Also how can you not love the detailing that's been added? :P

Thomasfan39

Does anybody have any idea what chassis bachmann is going to use for Skarloey?

MrBob

this might be an interesting road for someone, not the same scale as bachmann are using though

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67926-hieslers-55mm-scale-models/

Jacob Wilson

What needs to be released as soon as possible in the Bachmann Thomas & Frineds Narrow Gauge range to give it a good kick-off is:

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge Locomotives:
Narrow Gauge Rheneas
Narrow Gauge Sir Handel
Narrow Gauge Peter Sam
Narrow Gauge Rusty
Narrow Gauge Duncan

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge Passenger Rolling Stock:
Narrow Gauge Blue Coach
Narrow Gauge Red Coach
Narrow Gauge Green Coach

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge Freight Rolling Stock:
Narrow Gauge Troublesome Truck #1