Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Yard Boss Tender

Started by epiphanius, November 06, 2014, 02:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epiphanius

Hi:

The Yard Boss tender came with these parts:

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_70_115&products_id=5281

The contacts fell out.

I can't figure out what the 'contacts' are for, or how the fit on the truck along with the wheels. I can't seem to find any photos either, esp. photos that show which way is up for these contacts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

brokemoto

That photograph ain't the best, but if you will obseerve the axles of the front truck, you will notice grooves in them.  Insert the "hooked" ends into them so that they ride on top of and on the side of the axles.  On top of the arched bar that connects the two "hooked" ends, is a more-or-less triangular tab.  Bend that up, slightly.  Put the drawbar, metal plated side away from the tender bottom, onto the post first.  Next put the truck and screw it back.  Finally, re-attach the drawbar to the locomotive.

Considering what it is, this truck does not do a bad job of providing electrical contact. Still, you have only a half wheels live tender.  Further, the design of the truck is such that it creates a tremendous amount of drag on the locoomotive.

If you are so inclined, if you will go to Spookshow's website, he has a tutorial on how to swap  out the stock tender for a B-mann SPECTRUM tender.  If you make this swap, you will be truly amazed at the improvement in performance.  It triples the pulling power and markedly reduces stalling.

epiphanius

Thank you so much for the careful directions, brokemoto. I will hold off doing the swap, but appreciate the information for the future.

Here's a link to the spookshow page, should anyone else stumble on to this question.

All fixed now.

Cheers,

David

James in FL

Look here on where the parts go;

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/50551.pdf

A Spectrum tender is worth the investment.

epiphanius

Thanks for the link - nice to know where it is.