News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Micro-Mark

Started by SteamGene, October 16, 2007, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

Micro-Mark is having a sale on "fleet cars" - 50, 70, 100 T hoppers, 2 bay covered hoppers, 40' gons, and 50' flats, painted with dimension data.  You letter for your road. 
Only problem I see is that some are in black and some boxcar red, but all cars of one type are the same color. 
I have more than enough C&O hoppers, but VT&P uses red hoppers - except for their special "War Between the States" centenial, which they began early.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

r.cprmier

except for their special "War Between the States"

Gene; Who's going to win this time?

I received my circular from Micro-Mark a couple of days ago.  The cars look good; typical Bowser quallity, apparently.  These cars can also be modified a bit to accommodate the prototype types out there.  I think I would like a few myself, lettered for the "PT&H".  I found a great logo for my road-it is an oblong picture of the old man of the mountains, with my former brother-in-law's motto:  "Live Free or DIE!"

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

WoundedBear

Sure hard to find a better supplier than Micro-Mark. I just ordered 3 sets of these ore cars for my layout. A Climax pulling a short string of these 22 foot cars is going to look great.

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=84025

Sid

r.cprmier

Sid;
many years ago, John Allen had photographed a string of Varney ore cars behind a dockside.  For some reason, that picture had always grabbed me.  I think there is something about ore cars. 

I will bet a string of those hoppers will look good behind a 2-6-6-2! 

Rich
Rich

WoundedBear

I have a 2-6-6-2T on order from Micro-Mark as well...pre ordered it back in July. Then, the ETA was "Summer 07"....last week the date was revised to "Oct 07".

It's gettin closer....lol.

Sid

Virginian

Don't get me wrong, I like "Live free or die", but hasn't that been on either New Hampshire or Vermont license plates for eons ?
"What could have happened... did."

r.cprmier

New Hamp-shi-ah!   Ayuppp.
Rich