Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Building an E-Z track layout

Started by Saved1, November 08, 2014, 04:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saved1

Quote from: Flagman46 on December 10, 2014, 09:44:15 PM
Really looking good.
I have a 6' X 10' figure 8 type double track layout using EZ Track & WS Sub Terrain Products.
Here's what I did to blend the foam sheets to the EZ Track roadbed.
Mix a small batch of Hydrocal.  While it is still wet, using a sponge brush, spread it over the seams where the foam sheets meet the risers and over the roadbed right up to the ends of the ties on the EZ Track.  Let it dry, then apply your favorite shade of "Undercoat". 

thank you, ah that is a good idea using hydrocal, i do plan on making some sections level with the roadbed but i was thinking of using smooth-it only because it is a little softer of a compound when dry and easier to cut and carve

Saved1

i been so busy the last few weeks with Christmas coming and all but i managed to get some work done on my layout, not much work though :P

I have been busy working out all the wiring for the block animators for all the signals i will be using and also the flashing circuit board systems for the cross bucks i plan to use, here is one of the cross bucks i will use in one section

the electrical aspects have been kicking my butt but alas, I have figured it all out ;D

I also have been testing out different colors for the mountain area, not sure yet which colors i will end up using and i added another flat section as well

And i started the river bed it's not complete but it's getting there haha

As always, since i am doing a video series of my layout build, here is part 7 of the series,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLoaEaHoH-M

I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas with many blessings.

well, till next time have fun with your model trains

Saved1

So I took a few weeks off my layout build do to Christmas and new years but i did sneak in some time for some more progress on my layout lol and finished all the plaster for the flat area

I got some sculptamold

and have been using it with great success :D

i painted the mountain area (even though most of it will be covered up by the grass, bushes and such lol) and used the sculptamold to make some rock formations on the tunnel entrance and exit

i also used the sculptamold to make the waterfall area and it came out pretty good

i added some rock faces to it just for kicks and giggles

I also used the sculptamold to create the river bank

I also finished laying down all the plaster for the flat areas and, i got my pond in place

last but not least haha, since it was Christmas and all, i got two new diesel engines

As always, since i am doing a video series of my layout build, here is part 8 of the series,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4VEHJKkNM

well, till next time have fun with your model trains