News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

anything new really new?

Started by yeorail, December 01, 2014, 09:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeorail

Hi
Isn't it about time we g scale modellers got something really new not re-issued, re- vamped etc and something a little more affordable. A decent NG shunter ( switcher) for example or a diesel switcher for sure  on3 seem to get all the joy these days are we being written off?? With the demise of Aristocraft track in the range things do seem to be going down the pan and no reduction in prices despite the fall in the cost of oil (for the plastic)
Hey ho Merry Christmas
Yeorail

Kevin Strong

On30 didn't get anything new this year, either. I was a bit underwhelmed when I saw this year's new products announcement as well, especially coming on the heels of the C-19. It's just a soft year for new releases. We're not seeing new stuff from the other large scale manufacturers, either.

Later,

K

Ted Yarbrough

Friends,
   It is Christmas time, so here is my wish list (or letter to the Bachmann  Santa). I would love to see business or observation car. baggage car, and RPO to match (size, paint scheme/color, and road name) the AMS coach & combine. Rio Grande paint schemes on the Annie (just like the C-19's paint/lettering scheme) would also be FANTASTIC
Happy Rails To You
Ted.

Tom Lapointe

I'd like to see the little On30 T-boiler Shay done in 1:20.3.  8) Since it's based on a smaller prototype than the "36" & "38" ton Shays, would be nice for switching in tight places.   ;D  I have a live-steam one - the Accucraft Mich-Cal #2, which is a beautiful running live steamer  :) - but unfortunately, it doesn't have insulated wheelsets like my 3-cylinder Accucraft Shay, so it doesn't "play nice"  :-\ ::) with the Bachmann "sparkies".  ;)

;) Tom

tac

Quote from: Tom Lapointe on December 06, 2014, 11:01:29 PM
I'd like to see the little On30 T-boiler Shay done in 1:20.3.  8) Since it's based on a smaller prototype than the "36" & "38" ton Shays, would be nice for switching in tight places.   ;D  I have a live-steam one - the Accucraft Mich-Cal #2, which is a beautiful running live steamer  :) - but unfortunately, it doesn't have insulated wheelsets like my 3-cylinder Accucraft Shay, so it doesn't "play nice"  :-\ ::) with the Bachmann "sparkies".  ;)

;) Tom

This.

tac
OVGRS.org

doug c

"...We're not seeing new stuff from the other large scale manufacturers, either."
I thought I read where another had at least one pc. of so-called modern rolling stock was being rolled out {maybe has for '14 not '15} and at least one diesel .... oooor are we just talking NG ?

doug c

p.s. "...no reduction in prices despite the fall in the cost of oil (for the plastic).."

the o/g industry keeps telling us it takes almost 6 months for full effect to filter down ! 
But it seems,  as we see too often $ to consumer shots up pretty quickly vs down as the corp. world tend to enjoy the higher profit margins so spin' the chatter accordingly.  imho
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99