News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Radio Control for HO

Started by Atlantic Central, October 22, 2007, 11:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Central

Jack,

Hard copy for sure, I don't even have a clue as to how to put the drawings on an electronic format. All my attempts at scanning things like that have been failures, I don't have CAD, and it takes too long to do that way.

It may be best as a notebook style to allow removal and copying of the wiring diagram pages.

Anytime you can get down this way I can arrange a viewing of the system.

Sheldon

jsmvmd

Dear Sheldon,

For scanning stuff into a computer, you might consider contacting your local Vo-Tech and talk to the electronics instructor, who I am sure would be willing to show you how to do it and suggest the right scanner.

For instance, my son's instructor is an EE and builds all his own stuff, uses computer controls for house electronics control like lighing, heat and other stuff with a generic program called "Rosie."  All the kids use it.  He uses a 52" plasma TV for his computer screen and has made it interactive with an electronic "pen" so the kids were drawing up a storm at the open house!

It sure beats Kinko's, and you can see all the neat stuff the kids are building for Christmas!

Too, this guy is so neat I am sure he would be willing to talk to you to walk you through it, sort of like to equally charged electronics guys who do not repel each other!!!

If you would like, you could contact me off-line to discuss it.

Best Wishes,

Jack

Atlantic Central

Jack, I may be in touch soon about several issues.

To all, I am now refining and detailing the more advanced features for the book. More info soon.

Sheldon

Atlantic Central

Update:

Work on the system doucmention and book continues and some preliminary information will be sent to interested parties soon. If you are interested please contact me.

The New Aristo Craft Train Engineer Revolution is due out soon. I am on the list to recieve one of the first ones for user testing and evaluation. Based on the features advertised, it should be able to provide control of both onboard and layout based sound systems and/or control other accessories. While more advanced than the current 10 channel TE, it is billed as still being simple to operate. It is unlikely that I would replace my current 10 channel versions on my layout, but I am very interested in testing the new version so as to provide other users of my system with the fullest range of features and options.

Now that the holiday is behind us, I expect to make good progress on the further developement/documention of the system.

One more note, DCC users please read! - Much time recently has been spent on signaling and control panel design. The outgrowth of this has been the developement of turnout control circuits that are very user friendly allowing the simplest arangement of lighted pushbuttons on the control panel to align turnouts by route selection - and, like the cab selector, it allows those controls to be easily duplicated in as many locations as needed. Example - local tower panels around the layout, and one central "CTC" like panel for the intire mainline. These turnout control circuits will work with any control system and are less expensive than stationary decoders.

Additionally, my two color signal system, complete with interlocking and approach sginaling, when used with my turnout control circuits, requires no signal logic modules, no computers and is also DCC friendly since it uses the Dallee current sensing detector. This makes it very cost effective!

Sheldon

Mike

Good news, Sheldon. I anxiously await the latest info. Thanks for your continued developmental work.- Mike

jsmvmd

Dear Sheldon,

Very interested in a book copy. If you need, I can proofread it for you. I have a knack for grammer, etc and could help that way.  Electronics, no way!

Regardless, I am anticipating!  When do you expect to publish?

Best Wishes,

Jack

Atlantic Central

Update,

An advance preliminary version of the book is expected within the month!

I will send it all those who have expressed interest.

The refinement of the signaling system is going very well.

As soon as the new TE is in my hand we will report on it!

Sheldon

bevernie

:DGREETINGS!! Jack, if one has a "knack" for GRAMMAR, it would do well if that one had a "knack" for SPEELLING!!(At least the word "grammar"!!) :o
                                                                                                 THANX!!
                                                             8)                                    Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Atlantic Central

Ernie,

How is Ebay, have you grown up and got a credit card yet?

Sheldon

Guilford Guy

Growing old is mandatory, its growing up that's the challenge...

FYI, you spelled "spelling" wrong.
Alex

Atlantic Central

Update:

The new Aristo TE has been delayed so no info on it yet.

The book is coming along but work and family have delayed things a bit.

If you expressed interest in this before, but have not heard from me directly in recent weeks, please contact me off the board to get the latest info on the book and wiring diagrams.

The test layout continues to run very well and only a few refinements have been needed.

The continuing developement work has lead to complete specs for an easy to design and install signal system that is great for moderate sized layouts at a modest cost. This and the turnout route control are fully compatable with DCC.

Sheldon

SteamGene

Sheldon,
Are you sending the draft out BEFORE editing?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Atlantic Central

Update and a bump,

Several posters on other forums have expressed interest in the Aristo TE, so I have bumped this to make it easier to find if they come looking.

Work on the book is progressing but slow due to family and work issues.

The test layout has been working flawlessly and all the regular operators like using the system.

One of the family issues delaying things is our desire to move to home that will be more friendly to my wife's health issues (no stairs). As soon as that is resolved completion of the book will be top job and my layout contrustion will resume as well as further developement of additional system features.

Sheldon

jsmvmd

"layout contrustion"

Dear Sheldon,

My "layout confusion" along with my life confusion is proceeding nicely !

Good to hear from you.  Anxiously anticipating the completion.

Good Luck !

Jack from good old Altoona