News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

where to buy?

Started by vicsrc, December 13, 2014, 07:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicsrc

Where can I buy or find a wiring diagram for the EZ command connection wires?
I also need a cable to tie my dc to dcc together.

Joe Satnik

Dear Vic,

DCC to track is the same cable as Analog DC to track in the Bachmann systems, "BAC00002".

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,22376.0.html

The jumper between the DC and DCC units has 3.5mm TRS plugs on both ends, same as your MP3 player jumper, "EZ_CABLE"

It is wired Tip to Tip (AC power), Ring to Ring (DC speed and direction), and Shank to Shank (common return for both T and R).

It may have heavier gauge wiring than an MP3 jumper, though, as it does pass AC power from the DC unit to the DCC unit.

Connecting the two units infers that you want to run a DC loco on your DCC layout. 

Remember that stopping for an extended time or parking a DC motor on a live DCC layout will heat up and possibly burn out your DC motor. 

The DC loco should be taken off the DCC layout as soon as possible after stopping,

or parked on a siding that has at least one isolated rail that can be switched off.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Hunt

Click Here for the Bachmann E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions, which includes wiring info.

The older version of the E-Z Command Control Center does not have an On/Off switch (see figure 7, page 2). 

vicsrc

That sounds like the info I need thanks for a fast responce

vicsrc

By the way
Im a old fart I dont have a MP3
I still use my Sansui and Bose 901's