News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Brass Track Comparisions

Started by BobZ, December 17, 2014, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobZ

I  currently have Aristo-Craft brass track which is hard to find. I have found out that Bachmann track is readily available through a store in Denton, Tx. I assume the rail code is the same. What about the comparision of ties (color, spacing, texture, etc).

Bucksco

Bachmann's ties are similar in color and are a bit more "refined" than the Aristo ties. They are a bit more "American" than the European Narrow Gauge look of LGB/Aristo. When you connect them the difference is not very noticeable.

BobZ

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get some before my discount code expires.

tac

Quote from: Yardmaster on December 17, 2014, 09:26:28 AM
Bachmann's ties are similar in color and are a bit more "refined" than the Aristo ties. They are a bit more "American" than the European Narrow Gauge look of LGB/Aristo. When you connect them the difference is not very noticeable.

LGB track is deliberately made to look like narrow-gauge track - rough-grained rail ties, and wider spacing than that usually seen on standard-gauge track.  AristoCraft made TWO different tie spacing trackbed pieces - one closely-spaced to replicate standard gauge in 1/29th scale, and the other to replicate the wider European spacing - suitable for most any other scale except the British 2ft stuff, although it doesn't look too bad...

Since I've not seen any of the Bachmann brass track here in UK, I can't make any comment about it.

tac

Loco Bill Canelos

As one who mixes track of different brands of brass and ss all the time, my experience is that all work together very well, and I have never had anyone notice the difference on m  y layout.  I do paint the sides of my rail to look grimey, and so even brass and stainless steel sections even blend together well.  The Bachmann track has a great look and works just fine!

Have fun!  Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!