Attaching wires to power source

Started by RD Murphy, December 21, 2014, 09:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD Murphy

Sorry for such a lame question, but my power source for my 20-year-old EZ HO track recently died. I bought another one, and now don't remember how to attaché the wires. I have two wires, two places on either side of the retailing track to plug in...do I use both, and piggyback them onto the one set of DC screws on the power source? I've tried every combination I can think of with no luck.

Doneldon

RD-

Your only concern should be making sure that all wires connected to your outer rail are connected to the same variable DC output on your power pack, and similarly for the wires connected to the inner rail. You can either bring all three of your feeders to a single wire, solder and insulate the junction, and then screw the single wire to the terminal on the power pack, or use crimp-on connectors and bunch them all under the screws on the power pack.

Good luck with your project.
                                             -- D

James in FL

No,
the way I'm understanding your question.
Two wires out from your DC power supply, one to each rail. Usually marked as DC output or DC out to track. There is no benefit to feeding two power leads to the same track. Instead piggyback from the other side to another terminal track (or any other) across the lay out.
Polarity must be considered.

Really matters only to you which direction they run, dependent to which way you want the direction switch to be thrown.
The accepted norm is + to right rail, forward.
Easily changed by flipping over the connecter to the track.

jbrock27

RD, what was the make on your power source that died?
Keep Calm and Carry On