News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

anticapated arrival of your new berkshire

Started by kewatin, December 22, 2014, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

YARDMASTER, would it be possible to give us modellers an expected arrival.last info was early jan/2015.
this item looks like it will be popular &sold out  upon its release,just like kato's fef3. i hope not ,as i missed the boat  by waiting to long to order. will be ready to pull the trigger on a couple of these, but a release date would greatly be appreciated,go one step further and give us a xmas gift in the form of an announcment.
regards&later&merry xmas . KEWATIN

Bucksco

We have production samples in hand so it shouldn't be too long. I would say a couple of weeks after we do inventory in January so most likely end of January.

kmcsjr

Twitching a bit :)
I'm sure the inventory levels are accurate. You can fix any discrepancies next January. But if you insist and there are too many Berks, one of the Pere Marquettes is mine. I must have mislaid it. I can email you my address, when you find it.

Bucksco

kmcsjr

I prefer my childlike enthusiasm. Virtues are boring.

greysanta

I too would like  a notification  on a
(N) 2-8-4 Berkshire Pere Marquette 1225
when it's released
thanks
grey

brokemoto

The B-mann booth at Springfield had both a shell and a working model of this.  It looked really nice.  The man said that they were on their way from China.  If I can figure out how to get the crummy photograph out of my cheapie smart telephone, I will post it.

I am going to pass on this one, as big steam is not really my thing, unless it is road specific.  I did buy the EM-1, as it is specific to the B&O.  If someone did a Big Six, a B&O T class or a P&LE A-2a (really just a mikado with a larger firebox) I would buy, but other than that, if it is larger than a pacific or mikado, I usually pass on it, anymore.

While you do get offerings from Kato and Athearn from time-to-time, B-mann seems to be the only one putting out N scale steam in any volume and has balanced its offerings small/average and large.

MRC has picked up the MP product line and is planning to offer the USRA lights, but, sadly, they are retaining the cast on details and the half wheels live tender.  In fairness to them, they plan to add live pilot trucks (something that Micro-Trains did with the MP eight wheeler), but I suspect that it will not work as well as an all wheels live tender. 

conn 88h

I saw the new berk and extra tender at Springfield, too.  I had one of the B-men compare the length of the two tenders.  The C&O was a bit longer than the NKP as they seem to appear on some dealer websites.  They didn't know which length tender the Pere Marquette will get, but it seems likely to be the longer one as PM was part of C&O, I believe.  They told me the berks would be available in about weeks.  That was on Sun, Jan 25.  In addition to the PM 1225 is sister PM 1223 on display in Grand Haven MI.

dtpowell

At this late date, I'm hoping Bachmann will have a second run.
I'd love to have the PM 1225 and a Nickle plate, but I got hit with a pre-order disease.
Too many pre-orders coming due at the same time and too little $$$.  :(

oldrk

kewatin

already a month behind from the yardmaster 's reply, a couple of weeks after inventory back in mid dec.hope this doesn't turn into a waiting game like their turntable 1/1/2yrs later it shows up.perhaps the delay is because of the west coast pot s strike ,which still is not settled and really upsetting suppliers with 3 month late delivery on their orders for jan 1/15.perhaps THE BACHMANN would like to give us an honest update as to when this product will ship to their distributors.hope it s before kato offer its re release of it 4-8-4 in greyhound colors around june /15.
regards&later KEWATIN

gatrhumpy

Let's just be patient guys. Asking constant question is not going to get the locomotive here any quicker.

InsideTrack

The Sound Value N scale Berkshires are definitely "on the water" and should be here by the end of the month.

kmcsjr

It's all in fun. At least as far as I'm concerned. I can't take it more seriously, than "waahhh, I want a new toy now". I appreciate the updates. Considering that my start up pages include here, 2 major etailers, trainboard abd my ebay saved searches that includes "berkshire", just so I get 1 of these, I say it's all fun. Not an obsession at all... why would u thi k that ;)

skipgear

It you pay attention to the Admins post, it hints at what is going on.

I bet they are currently setting on a container ship in the Pacific Ocean, just like a couple billion dollars worth of other merchandise that is waiting for the dockworkers union to realize they are not worth as much as they want and get back to work.

It is amazing the amount of items on back order at hobby distributors because of this mess on the west coast. Items that were supposed to be here months before the Holidays still haven't arrived.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950