News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

anticapated arrival of your new berkshire

Started by kewatin, December 22, 2014, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

kmcsjr

Thanks! Noe its a race to see which of my 3 favorite suppliers has stock first!

kewatin

YARDMASTER just thought i would give you a heads up ,regarding in stock.i thought for sure because of west coast port strike we would not see this product till april/15.nice to see some honesty from a mfg instead of any time soon.
i for sure will be getting 2 of these berks.keep producing these great steam locos and sure would like a rerun of the heavy mtn dcc equipped.thanks again.
regards&later KEWATIN

brokemoto

As of the time and date of this posting, a certain e-Tailer that has, also, a brick and mortar establishment in a part of the Atlantic Seaboard that was hit with a snow and ice storm this week has only three C&Os left.

I did not buy one, because unless it is specific to the B&O or P&LE, I do not buy big steam, anymore.   Now, if B-mann were to do an A-2a or Big Six......................

It is curious that no one has done an A-2a, as that was ALCo's last steam.

kmcsjr

I did buy on, because it's ummm a good looking steam engine.

kewatin

Got my 2 berks from maryland e-tailer. i see they were all sold out at 8.30 am this morning.looks like they will be a good seller for bachmann.glad i pulled the trigger ,at least i will not lose out like i did on the kato fef northern..
looking forward to my second sound equipped steam loco.
regards&later KEWATIN

rustycoupler

Has anyone got theirs yet?  I want to hear all the wonderful reviews...... yea

kmcsjr

There is video up on the trainboard site

mohican

I want all of you to know I received my Kanawha just yesterday and ran it through some tests on my club layout. The engine is a great performer. I had 12 empty coal cars and 11 boxcars being pulled up a 1 1/2 to 2% grade and not even a hint of hesitation or strain. The sound reproduction is great. The only thing i need is a programming manual for the Soundtraxx system to figure out some CVs  for special tweeks. I would like to see Bachmann produce a H8 Allegheney I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Mdaskalos

Quote from: mohican on March 12, 2015, 08:57:36 AM
I would like to see Bachmann produce a H8 Allegheney I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Make that two of us.

gatrhumpy

I plan on doing a comparison of the new Berkshire with the LL Proto 2000 N scale Berkshire (which I equipped with sound and DCC). More to come.

dtpowell

Quote from: Mdaskalos on March 12, 2015, 01:44:08 PM
Quote from: mohican on March 12, 2015, 08:57:36 AM
I would like to see Bachmann produce a H8 Allegheney I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Make that two of us.
Include me with the H8 request and add the sound chip. I brokedown and purchased the Kanawha 2724 last week. Love the sounds on the Berk. Very nice.