News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams acquisition

Started by japasha, October 23, 2007, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

japasha

The acquisition of Williams by Bachmann is actually welcome news. I have older Williams steamers, brass, and they run well but I was wondering if any of those older models may be revived by Bachmann. Will Bachmann extend it's EZ track to O-gauge?  The Williams Passenger cars were very nice. Will those be continued? All questions of which direction Bachmann will go.

Now Mr. Bachmann will have to build another display layout to go with the Thomas and G-scale.

the Bach-man

Dear japasha,
New layout? Very likely! Other decisions yet to be made.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Joker

The brass locomotives that were sold by Williams in the late 80's and early 90's were imported from Samhongsa. I seriously doubt any of these engines will make another appearance since I don't think Bachmann is interested in importing brass models. Besides, there are so many companies offering scale 3 rail steamers in die cast or brass that Bachmann would be better off staying out of that end of the game. It would be much more profitable for Bachmann to continue with what Williams was known for and expand in that direction. Big steamers are expensive to design, tool up for, market, and sell. They have high prices and very little mark up. Besides, Lionel, MTH, and 3rd Rail pretty much have the market cornered. Not to mention Atlas O has entered the game with their 0-6-0 and Lionel now has all the tooling for the locomotives that K-line made.