News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum GP30 noise

Started by DarG, December 27, 2014, 08:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

...and oh look, an Athearn gold can motor...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-scale-motors-for-parts-/271724204064?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:3160

Getting back to the flywheels; these look like they may be the longer 3/4" ones that are in the 6 axle locos and not the 5/8" ones from the 4 axle ones.  Every other component is THE SAME.  I would ask a seller to measure them, if interested.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Quote from: Len on December 30, 2014, 10:30:42 AM
...I mentioned replacing the motor was when you said parts that are no longer available were missing from the one you had...
At any rate, I'm just trying to be helpful.

Len

Len, I never said I was looking for a motor or parts; I never said anything about any parts no longer being available.

Yes, I think we can all see that your heart is in the right place and you are trying.
Keep Calm and Carry On

DarG

Quote from: jbrock27 on December 30, 2014, 07:21:39 PM
I am really going to go out on a limb here and guess, that everything preeetttttty much looks like it does in these pics, which I should have provided like 2 days ago when I first offered:

http://www.mcor-nmra.org/Publications/Articles/Athearn_TuneUp.php

Yes, that link covers my Athearns.   Thanks.   I either saw that link here, previously, or found it in a search.  Either way, I have it bookmarked.

For informations sake, I'd still like to know how those newer shafts would connect to my existing worm gears but it's not such a burning desire that I would have a problem with this thread dying.   ;)

I'll say thanks again to all for the help now in the event that the thread actually does come to an end.    ;D

jbrock27

No reason the thread should die if you still have questions.

I have a question myself: how did the motor parts go missing in the first place, with the locos sitting in their boxes?
Quote from: DarG on December 31, 2014, 10:31:04 AM
...I'd still like to know how those newer shafts would connect to my existing worm gears...
In my view and opinion they won't, as the locos that you and I have, do not employ the dogbone at one end or the hex shaped keyway at the other end like these newer shafts utilize. 

You're quite welcome, again ;) . I wish you best of luck in your searching but know you won't need it, bc you should be able to find 2 Geeps fully outfitted for what you need and are looking for, for the price of 1 A line motor.
Keep Calm and Carry On

DarG

All the locos were in their boxes and still assembled except for 1.   The 1 that isn't complete, only the frame and shell was in it's box.   There was another small box that I dug up that has all the rest of the parts for that loco.  Trucks, motor, wheels axles etc.   The trucks were assembled except for the worm gears and their covers and the wheels were also loose and there are also the bearings sitting loose in the box.   The motor was assembled except for the bottom clip.  Brush spring wasn't in the box and a couple bearings are missing.   I did find the bottom motor clip in another box that contained parts like Kadee couplers and spare coupler springs etc.   Why it wasn't with the other parts, I have no idea.   I probably took the loco apart to clean and never got around to finishing it.   Maybe I lost the brush spring and got frustrated and packed it all up to cool off and never got around to it.   This could have been 10 or 15 years ago because this track has been set up for probably close to 20 years or more and all the Athearns were bought within short order, probably within the first year of first setting everything up.    I have some brush springs and bearings coming which should allow me to complete this loco as well. 

Thanks for confirming that I'm not missing something in regards to that shaft and my existing worm gears. 

Also, I'm going to check out that E-6000 adhesive that you suggest.

Thanks.

Jerrys HO

Wow and Bachmann let this talk about another brand get this far out of whack?
No offense to the posters, just Bachmann as they tend to pick and choose there battles.

jbrock27

You're welcome Dar.  I had also sent you a PM this morning with some info attached.  Would hate to see anyone get bent out of shape over our continued, free, but somewhat public discussion here >:(
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 01, 2015, 08:50:11 PM
You're welcome Dar.  I had also sent you a PM this morning with some info attached.  Would hate to see anyone get bent out of shape over our continued, free, but somewhat public discussion here >:(

Not even going to answer your PM jb.
You know me better than most, I should have not commented on this but I sometimes wonder why Bachmann delete's some posts (some by you jb) talking about other brands and allow others.
I belong to many forum's for trains,planes,and trucks. There are some that only allow there product mentioned and others allow all. You never see them allow some and not others.
Some here bash Bachmann so bad and keep posting away with no recourse.

Does this look familiar...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)   

Re: still need help,,,trying to configure a branch or spur line to park an engine.
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 08:29:15 PM » Reply with quote 

I hope this helps CJ.

http://www.zscalemonster.com/atlas/atl-205.jpg

As I said earlier today, before it was deleted for some unexplainable reason, this is simple and certainly very doable.  Don't give up!  Good luck Smiley

jbrock27

Not even going to answer your PM jb.

Really?  And why not?

You know me better than most, I should have not commented on this...

You're right, I feel I do; and your right, you should not have.

I sometimes wonder why Bachmann delete's some posts... talking about other brands and allow others.

You know you are not alone, we all wonder about that.

I belong to many forum's for trains,planes,and trucks. There are some that only allow there product mentioned and others allow all. You never see them allow some and not others.

Ok, but I don't know what that has to do with anything here.

Some here bash Bachmann so bad and keep posting away with no recourse.

I don't know what this means or what this has to do with this thread.  And what do you mean by 'recourse'?  Do you mean 'repercussions'?

Does this look familiar...

I have no idea what your message is here, except that it shows I took the time to assist someone else with their question.  But somehow, I don't think that is what your intended message is.

I don't know why you feel you have put yourself in the position to act like some Bachmann policeman or spokesman.  That is the job of others who work for Bachmann.  What is is this thread to you anyway?!?

And why have you started 2015 off like this?  Despite all this nonsense, I have no reason not to like you, man. :)

You ever get DCC put in those Bachmann Plus UP F7 units?
Keep Calm and Carry On