News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

question

Started by Irbricksceo, December 31, 2014, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irbricksceo

so the info I found was off by a bit, how long is the number 6 crossover? I'm trying to find a combination of straights to match it. Thanks!
Modeling NYC in N

rogertra

Quote from: Irbricksceo on December 31, 2014, 06:23:18 PM
so the info I found was off by a bit, how long is the number 6 crossover? I'm trying to find a combination of straights to match it. Thanks!

You did not provide the name of who made your No. 6 crossover, so we cannot help.  :-)

Besides, if you Google the name of the switch manufacturer, their webiste will tell you everything you need to know.  Keep in mind, a switch, like any piece of track can be cut to shorten it's length, unless it's a set track switch like Bachmann E-Z track, can also be cut between the ties to make it somewhat flexible. 

I do both of the above with my Atlas track all the time.

Happy New Year.

Roger T.

Morgun 30

what did you come up with? Anyrail shows 21 1/4"

Irbricksceo

Its the EZ track one. I dont have Anyrail, never heard of it. I used to use RTS from atlas but I mostly do hand-drawings on green paper.

I got 24 from the source I looked at, dont recall what it was. so, 21.25. I dont think there is any combination of ez-track that will add up to that unfortunatly but I suppose I can get it close, if It was 21 on the other side instead, I might be able to hide that half an inch in the curves, not an ideal solution but one that should work.
Modeling NYC in N

Hunt

HO #6 Remote Crossover Turnout -- 2-3/8" between centerlines, 21-1/4" long

Hunt

Bachmann HO E-Z Track
18.00" --  9" straight track, 2 pieces,  item 44511 
1.25" --  straight, 1 piece *
2.00" --  straight, 1 piece *
-------
21.25"

* Found in the Connector Track Assortment, item 44592

The HO Remote #6 Crossover Turnout (item 44575 and 44576) is wired for use in a DCC powered layout. Must be modified to use in a DC powered layout.

jbrock27

After all the time you've spent here, you never heard of Anyrail?!?!? :o
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on December 31, 2014, 10:30:34 PM
After all the time you've spent here, you never heard of Anyrail?!?!? :o

30 seconds on Google.  :-)

Happy New Year.

Cheers

Roger T.

Irbricksceo

Yep, that 30 second yielded it. I installed it after it was mentioned. Neat software, steep price for a non-demo but it gives good info. As it turns out, I HAD seen it before, I just didn't recall it was called anyrail as It wasn't on my PC.

I'll ha veto find that connector pack In the mean time, I have enough track to make 2 21 inch sections as placeholders while I test fit the rest of the track.

Thanks
Modeling NYC in N

Joe Satnik

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All.

It is handier to have both a left and a right crossover, as you don't have to back your train through a single crossover to get back to your original loop. 

If you put an other-handed crossover on the opposite side of your layout, your 21.25 length problem will be eliminated by symmetry.

See full maxx's layout photo in this thread:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,12474.0.html

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

electrical whiz kid

JBrock;
I never heard of "Anyrail" either.  Most of my trackwork has been Railcraft, Central valley, Shinohara.  A lot through Crusader.
RIch
SGT C.

Joe Satnik

EWK,

AnyRail.com is software, specifically a CAD (Computer Aided Design) program for laying sectional track.

(Free to download and use for the first 50 sections of track.) 

There are a ton of different (make and model) track libraries to choose from, including Bachmann HO Nickel-Silver E-Z Track.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

electrical whiz kid

Actually Joe;
I have never sought after "cadrail" or any other medium with an intent of designing my railroad. 
I choose a concept, time, geographical locale, and personality.  I have done some hand-laying, but am looking to do some work with Central valley ties.  I have a lot of turnouts, tie sections, etc.; I have amassed, and retirement looming large.  I hope it snows like hell this winter...
SGT C.

jbrock27

I am shocked Rich :o  For the amount of time you have spent on this board that you have not at least read about it once; it seems like Anyrail gets mentioned in just about 1 out of every 5 threads :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

Jim;
Nope.  Probably just never paid attention to it.
Then again, I have already several sources for track-work supplies, and am very happy with them, so why would I look?
SGT C.