News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale Spectrum 2-6-6-2 DCC on board

Started by poppedrice, January 02, 2015, 05:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppedrice

Are there any special steps to running my 2-6-6-2 on a non digital system?

ACY

You can remove the decoder if you want, but it is not absolutely necessary since the Lenz decoders used by Bachmann are dual mode and run on DC or DCC but the locomotive will run better on DC without the decoder installed. If you plan to run it on DCC in the future then you may as well leave it in.

poppedrice

Engine will still not run on my system. I have made sure that all tires are on the track and other engines run fine. Is there any significance to the two copper clips included in the package? The directions do not mention them. Thanks for the help!

Mike C

Is it new or used ? If you bought it used it may have had the decoder programmed so it won't run on DC . Of course you would need a friend with a DCC system to check this . They should also be able to reset it to factory specs so it will run on DC . If its new you may have to return it for repair.

poppedrice

It is new. Thanks for the help! I have asked Bachmann's service dept for some help too. Also ordered a DCC controller.

ACY

The two copper clips are jumpers that you can install in place of the DCC decoder, you can give that a shot before doing anything else.

poppedrice