News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"Sound Value" Question

Started by k3a, January 04, 2015, 08:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k3a

Finally got my new "sound value" C&O 2-8-4 down to the basement. It had spent many weeks traveling around the country via USPS and UPS. While on the program track, Decoder Pro only recognizes it as being a Bachmann product, it does not recognize it as being a Berkshire. Does The "Bachmann" have any explanation?

Thanks, Dan

Len

Information like locomotive type, e.g., Berkshire, has to be manually entered in the DecoderPro "Roster Entry Pane".

Instructions are here: http://jmri.sourceforge.net/help/en/manual/DecoderPro/Basic_Start.shtml

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

k3a

What I was referring to was to let DP query the locomotive while on the programming track. It comes back and tells me that is sees a Bachmann locomotive of indeterminant  type. It then lists choices, and the only steam loco is a 4-6-0. I somehow don't think that that would be an appropriate sound for a Lima 2-8-4..... Could it be that DP has not yet been upgraded to include this decoder, or, has Bachmann not yet informed DP of the details of this decoder, OR, is the decoder sufficiently generic that is does not make a difference what it is installed in???

Dan