News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann ez track auto crossing gate

Started by jimbob261, January 06, 2015, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob261

Can anybody tell me if you can get replacement parts for an ez track crossing? I need the piece that lays between the rails that as the train rolls over activates the crossing gates. Thanks for your help.

Len

There's nothing listed on the "Order Parts" page. Your best bet is to call the Parts Dept. and ask if they have one.

Contact #: 1-800-356-3910, ext 328 or 329, be prepared for long hold times.

If it's not available, short of replacing the whole crossing gate, you might be able to make a replacement using thin Bass Wood or sheet styrene.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

trainmainbrian

@ jim I don't think you will have luck finding your part I looked on the Part's page as well as len did & found nothing of sort... I would say you might be forced to buy a hole new crossing setup... Might be your only option...
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

Doneldon

Quote from: jimbob261 on January 06, 2015, 07:27:25 PM
Can anybody tell me if you can get replacement parts for an ez track crossing? I need the piece that lays between the rails that as the train rolls over activates the crossing gates. Thanks for your help.

jimbob-

This should be a fairly easy piece to repair or reproduce.

-- D

wiley209

Or you could also get one of the older versions of Bachmann's crossing gate from the 70s to the 90s, like this:

They come rather cheap on eBay. The piece you're looking for is the same on both versions. And the older crossing gate can be handy for spare parts. In fact, the new E-Z Track version of the crossing gate is nearly identical to the original version here, just with the E-Z track alignment tabs (though the box says it could also be used with other track brands), nickel-silver rails, and more prototypical colors on the signals and gates.

jimbob261

Thanks everyone for your response. I will try to buy an older crossing and use that for repairs. If not maybe I can reproduce the part.